Madison School District # 38
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
0.8 FTE Speech Language Pathologist
at Madison School District # 38
Madison School District No. 38
TITLE: Speech Language Pathologist
Position Title: Speech Language Pathologist
Length of Work Yr: 9 months with Benefits
Salary Range: $42,804 - $85,449
Department: Student Services
Reports To: Coordinator for Special Education
- Masters degree in Speech and Language Therapy
- Arizona certification.
- ASHA certification preferred
- Successful experience in K-8 schools
- Spanish speaking/bilingual ability preferred
- Experience in language development of non-native English speakers
- Familiar with augmentative communication devices and instructing students in use
Coordinator for Special Education and School Administrators
- Screen, evaluate and teach students with communication, language, and/or speech disorders
- Develop and implement individual educational programs (IEP) for each student identified for services (preschool-grade 8)
- Participate on Child Study Teams, Multidisciplinary evaluation and IEP teams, and assist in screenings for potential problems (i.e., hearing screening, Arena screening for preschool students)
- Maintain attendance and hourly contact records
- Observation, screening, evaluation, and consultation for students who require or may require speech therapy services
- Writing evaluation reports, goals and objectives for students receiving speech therapy services
- Maintain up to date and correct student list, dates of IEP reviews and scheduled meetings, and current copies of students goals and objectives
- Maintain effective working relationships with other special education personnel as well as regular education personnel and parents
- Provide direct services to students according to a schedule developed collaboratively with the MET team
- Participate with the entire Madison special education team in delivering appropriate services by following state and district guidelines
- Exhibit the level of professionalism expected of a Speech Language Therapist and Madison employee
- Provide services in pull out and inclusive settings
- Demonstrate best practices in the delivery of services
- Experience with Augmentative Devices preferred
- Bilingual experience preferred
Performance will be evaluated by the Student Services Director with the input of building principals.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
Ability to work in a friendly manner and maintain effective working relationships with staff and the community. Ability to perform duties with awareness of all district requirements and board policies.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job Contact Information
|Title||Coordinator for Special Education|
Wednesday, September 25, 2019 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)