Lone Star Family Health Jobs
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Social Services (Non-Profit)
We are very excited about our new 22,000 square foot state-of-the-art Family Medicine Center, Lone Star Community Health Center, which serves as our home base. The Family Medicine Center is approximately 3 minutes from the hospital. We have a virtually paperless system using electronic health records. The Family Medicine Center is equipped with 2 procedure rooms, 24 exam rooms, video colposcopy, video flexible sigmoidoscopy, computerized treadmill, ultrasound machine, splinting and casting supplies, manipulation table, laboratory, and x-ray room. You will be assigned patients who you will continue to follow throughout your three years. You will also see inpatient, obstetrical, and newborn patients for follow up visits in the Family Medicine Center. Continuity of care is emphasized as well as caring for the whole family. Lone Star Community Health Center was recently awarded a federal grant to become a Federally Qualified Health Center. This designation allows expanded services to our patients and expanded learning opportunities for our residents. New services include psychiatry, counseling, dental, diabetic education, and pharmacy services. In addition, our extended hours clinic provides residents moonlighting opportunities within our Family Medicine Center.
- To train family physicians who will pursue excellence in providing compassionate patient care.
- To train qualified family physicians, thus increasing the supply of practitioners available to meet the health care needs in Texas and the United States.
- To provide medical students with role models so as to encourage interest in family practice.
- To stimulate intellectual pursuit and research by faculty, residents and family physicians in practice.
- To provide continuing medical education for the graduates of this program and other physicians in private practice.