Laveen Elementary School District #59
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Attendance Clerk Temporary (Desert Meadows)
at Laveen Elementary School District #59
Prefer high school diploma or general education degree (GED). Three years related experience.
Compiles attendance records for school district by performing the following duties.
- Greets visitors to school, determines nature of business, and directs visitors to destination.
- Obtains and totals school attendance figures daily.
- Communicates regularly with various internal and external publics to develop and maintain a positive school/community relationship.
- Collates data and prepares standard state reports for upload.
- Computes daily attendance figures and forwards to school cafeteria and district office.
- Answers inquiries from parents and school officials.
- Prepares special reports, requested by state or district education officials.
- Investigates student absence and documents information relating to absences.
- Maintains student database.
- Provides backup for school secretary and school nurse as needed.
- Inputs new student information, schedules, makes schedule changes.
- Requests records from previous school for new students.
- Assists with master schedule.
- Updates parent information.
- Manages enrollment and withdrawal of students throughout the school year.
- Maintains accurate permanent student records and test scores.
- Other job duties as assigned.
- Perform basic math, including calculations using fractions, percents, and/or ratios.
- Read a variety of manuals; writes documents following prescribed formats, and/or present information to others. Pass a literacy test identified by the district.
- Understand complex, multi-step written and oral instructions.
- Specific knowledge-based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: accounting/bookkeeping principles; and office equipment/software.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional situations; Responds promptly to student, staff, and public needs.
- Interpersonal Skills - Maintains confidentiality; Creates and maintains a positive and conducive work environment.
- Oral Communication - Responds well to questions.
- Written Communication - Edits work for spelling and grammar.
- Diversity - Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful and positive manner.
- Safety and Security - Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write correspondence.
- Ability to work with a variety of people and maintain confidentiality of information.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Internet and district software, and Microsoft office (Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint, and other appropriate technology software).
- The ability to type 40 wpm.
- Knowledge of appropriate business machines and telephones.
- Monitor special system(s), not limited to, including security and fire alarm systems.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. In addition, some carrying, pushing, and/or pulling; some stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling; and significant fine finger dexterity.
- The usual and customary methods of performing the job's functions require the following physical demands: requires sitting, walking, and standing.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Twelve-month, employee pay and benefits in accordance with Board policy.
- FLSA: Non-Exempt
- Full Time Employee Benefits: in accordance with Board policy.
- Performance to be evaluated in accordance with the Board policy on evaluation of support personnel.
Job Contact Information
Thursday, August 27, 2020 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)