Laveen Elementary School District #59
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Associate, Instructional SPED (Student Specific 1:1)
at Laveen Elementary School District #59
Associate's degree (A. A.) or 60 college credit from an accredited institution; equivalent from two-year college or technical school; Passing score of an academic assessment in the areas of reading, writing, and mathematics. Basic typing ability desirable. Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI)/restraint certification course completed at first available offering by District. First aid and cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) training
Principal, professional staff to whom assigned
To assist professional staff members by performing a variety of tasks related to the operation of classrooms or other instructional areas.
- Instructs students under the direction of the supervising teacher.
- Assists the teacher with planned activities and instructional programs.
- Assists in preparing instructional materials for daily instruction as planned by the teacher; set up and operates audiovisual equipment; type educational materials; ability to use and operate copy machines, and computers.
- Assists the teacher in maintaining individual student records.
- Assists in supervising students at arrival and dismissal, in the classroom, lunchroom, and on the playground under the supervision of a district certified staff member.
- Presents subject matter to students, utilizing variety of methods and techniques, under the supervision of the teacher.
- Assists specific student with lesson assignments to present or reinforce learning concepts in accordance with the student’s individualized education program.
- Assists students with self-care activities related to eating, dressing, toileting, grooming, as needed.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
- Perform basic math, including calculations using fractions, percents, and/or ratios.
- Read a variety of manuals; writes documents following prescribed formats, and/or present information to others.
- Understand complex, multi-step written and oral instructions.
- Specific knowledge-based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: accounting/bookkeeping principles; and office equipment/software.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional situations; Responds promptly to student, staff, and public needs.
- Interpersonal Skills - Maintains confidentiality; Creates and maintains a positive and conducive work environment.
- Oral Communication - Responds well to questions.
- Written Communication - Edits work for spelling and grammar.
- Diversity - Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful and positive manner.
- Safety and Security - Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write correspondence.
- Ability to work with a variety of people and maintain confidentiality of information.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Internet software, preferred accounting used software and Microsoft office (Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint, and other appropriate technology software).
- The ability to type 40 wpm.
- Knowledge of appropriate business machines and telephones.
- Monitor special system(s), not limited to, including security and fire alarm systems.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. In addition, some carrying, pushing, and/or pulling; some stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling; and significant fine finger dexterity.
- The usual and customary methods of performing the job's functions require the following physical demands: requires sitting, walking, and standing.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Ten-month, employee pay and benefits in accordance with Board policy.
- FLSA: Non-Exempt
- Part Time Employee Benefits: in accordance with Board policy.
- Performance to be evaluated in accordance with the Board policy on evaluation of support personnel.
Job Contact Information
Thursday, June 20, 2019 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)