La Maestra Community Health Centers
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Pharmacy Technician I
at La Maestra Community Health Centers
Hours of Work: TBD (Mon-Fri)
Status/ Hours: Full Time/ Non-Exempt
Summary: Assists Pharmacist in the drug distribution process.
- Counts, packages, pre-packages and labels medication for inspection by pharmacist and fills routine orders for non-prescription pharmaceuticals.
- Inputs patient and prescription data into logs and/or pharmacy computer system to process prescriptions and maintain patient profiles.
- Assists and serves patients.
- Assists pharmacists as directed.
- Assists in the ordering, stocking, and maintenance of drug inventory.
- Orders and manages inventory from: P.I.C. (Pharmaceuticals for Indigent Care); samples, and the 340B Drug Discount Purchasing Program.
- Coordinates with providers as to dispensing of prescribed formularies in the dispensary/pharmacy.
- Complies with Cash Register Policies and Procedures
- Assists in the preparation of reports and written documentation, as required by the department, company, state and federal agencies.
- Participate in Quality Assurance and Compliance activities.
- Maintains knowledge of third parties and billing (i.e. Medicare Part Ds and Medicals). Must be able to submit claims and PA’s
- Maintains and submits orders to maintain an adequate inventory of forms, clerical and pharmaceutical supplies, paper and equipment.
- Follows established departmental policies and procedures, objectives quality assurance program, safety, environmental and infection control standards.
- Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature, in service meetings and workshops.
- Attends meetings as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Education: High School Diploma or GED
Certification(s)/License(s) Required: CA Pharmacy Technician License
Experience: 1-2 years’ experience in a retail pharmacy setting preferred
Verbal and Written Skills to perform the job: Bilingual (English/Arabic). Familiarity with basic word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications. Accurate keyboarding skills.
Technical knowledge and skills required to perform the job: Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills and the demonstrated ability to work with diverse individuals and groups. Demonstrate high levels of self-initiation and direction. Knowledge of communities we serve. Knowledge and experience working in medical settings and interacting collaboratively with medical teams. Skill in analyzing situations and making timely decisions.
Physical and Mental Requirements: Work involves sitting, talking, hearing, using hands to handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls, and reaching with hands and arms. The employee may be required to push, pull, lift, and/or carry up to 20 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
La Maestra Community Health Centers is an equal opportunity employer and does not
discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender, disability or any other legally protected status.