Kirtland Federal Credit Union
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Vice President Operations Support
at Kirtland Federal Credit Union
Working at Kirtland FCU is more than a job-it's a career! We pride ourselves on helping our employees learn, grow, and advance in any direction they choose. We offer a competitive salary, great benefits package and an energetic, vibrant work environment. Visit our careers page on our website to view our exciting opportunities and our fantastic benefits.
We are currently seeking a Vice President Operations Support to join Kirtland Federal Credit Union.
Vice President Operations Support Position Overview: Responsible for developing and implementing best practices in the areas of retail support operations, payment systems processing, fraud, security, and operational policies/procedures. Responsible for the management and supervision of retail support operations staff, payment processing, and mail and courier function.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish strategic direction for support operations in alignment with organizational goals and objectives.
- Manage all aspects of support operations involving check processing including RDC, ATM, returns, courtesy pay, and chargebacks; wire transfer functions for domestic and international; ACH processing including receiving, originating, transfers, disputes, rejects, and returns; card processing for ATM, debit credit and gift including issuing, maintenance, lost/stolen, fraud, plastic maintenance; assistance with fraud monitoring related to ACH, checks, mobile deposits and Online banking; mailroom operations and courier.
- Work closely with Compliance to assure compliance with all payment and deposit-related regulations and laws.
- Manage payment systems to include PSCU, CO-OP, CU Anytime, FIS, Harland, VISA, Fedline, Bluepoint Solutions, ePay Resources, and American Express.
- Evaluate all operations work systems and supporting processes on at least an annual basis using quality related tools such as Lean Six Sigma to improve accuracy levels, efficiencies, and measurable outcomes.
- Mentor and coach all department employees to further their skills and expertise, while improving the overall engagement level of all personnel.
- Troubleshoot all deposit operation applications for functional and user issues, working closely with technical analyst and developers to troubleshoot complex technical problems.
Qualifications, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or related field highly preferred.
- Graduate of BAI Retail Banking School (or similar level certification program) highly desired.
- NACHA certification highly desired. Certification requirement within one year of employment.
- A minimum of 10 years financial institution experience with an emphasis in operations, legal review, regulatory compliance, customer service and supervision preferred.
- 5+ years management experience preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in implementing strategies and initiatives to support continuous process improvement, operational best practices, and regulatory compliance in a retail-support environment.
- Experience successfully managing back-office, support operations in a financial institution.
- Proven track record in creating clear, accurate and easily understandable policies, plans, and
- Mastery of regulatory compliance issues as they relate to financial institution
- Strong expertise in, and knowledge of, general financial institution operations.
- Expertise in payments systems including ACH, Check Processing and card payments. Strong experience in digital payments desired.
Kirtland Federal Credit Union offers a comprehensive, generous benefits package:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement savings program that includes employer match
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Fitness Reimbursement
- Employee Clothing Loan
- And much more!