Kirtland Federal Credit Union
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Financial Consultant - Call Center
at Kirtland Federal Credit Union
Working at Kirtland FCU is more than a job-it's a career! We pride ourselves on helping our employees learn, grow, and advance in any direction they choose. We offer a competitive salary, great benefits package and an energetic, vibrant work environment. Visit our careers page on our website to view our exciting opportunities and our fantastic benefits.
We are currently seeking a Financial Consultant to join Kirtland Federal Credit Union. This position is based in our Contact (Call) Center.
Financial Consultant position overview: Responsible for providing exceptional member service through a demonstrated knowledge of Credit Union products and services. Support the Credit Union's mission, vision, strategic goals, quality initiatives and service standards.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for creating, maintaining and enhancing member relationships through incoming/outgoing telephone calls and through online delivery channels.
- Open and service new member accounts, new deposit accounts and consumer products and services though incoming/outgoing telephone calls and through online delivery channels.
- Responsible for generating, reviewing and processing loan applications for all consumer lending products, vehicle loans, credit cards, signature loans, and share secured loans.
- Computes debt ratios, calculate terms, finance charges and insurance on loans. Notifies applicants of loan decisions.
- Assists members with servicing loans by processing such items as payoffs, refinances, payment extensions and payment due date changes.
- Ensures that lending operations are conducted in accordance with established Credit Union policies and are legally compliant. Ensures that loan requests are properly documented.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of Credit Union products, services, policies and applicable regulations.
- Prepare and evaluate information which reflects the current credit worthiness of members, and prepare consumer loans for underwriting approval based on KFCU lending policies and procedures.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining effective relationships with members, credit union personnel, and outside business representatives.
- Supports the credit union's mission, vision, strategic goals, quality initiatives and service standards.
Qualifications, Skills and Abilities:
- High school diploma required; Bachelor's degree preferred
- 2+ years of experience working in a financial institution preferred
- Previous lending or sales experience preferred
- Experience with IRA and other consumer deposit products preferred
- Basic Knowledge of Equal Credit Opportunity Act (ECOA); Fair Credit Reporting Act (FRCA); Fair and Accurate Transaction ACT (FACTA); Gramm-Leach-Bliley Financial Modernization Act (GLBA)-Regulation preferred
- Prior sales experience with individual performance and/or sales goals where goals were met or exceeded routinely preferred
- Experience with customer service, identifying needs and providing solutions in a professional manner
- Proven member service skills and the ability to resolve problems independently or to escalate as needed to promote member satisfaction
- Ability to cross-sell various products and services based on member needs
- Strong analytical and financial skills
- Strong decision-making skills
- Proficient with computers and Microsoft Office Suite
Kirtland Federal Credit Union offers a comprehensive, generous benefits package:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement savings program that includes employer match
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Fitness Reimbursement
- Employee Clothing Loan
- And much more!