Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Youth Care Worker
at Pinal County
- To learn more about employment opportunities with the Superior Court in Pinal County, please visit our website. Do you have questions about the application process or need assistance? Please review our Application Assistance Information.
Note: Advertised salary is the hiring range; to view the full salary range for the posted position please view the job classification or visit the Superior Court Human Resources website.
If you are requesting Preference Points, you must complete and upload the Request for Preference Points form to your application, along with required supporting documentation.
Responsible for the safety and well-being of juveniles referred to the Juvenile Court Detention Center by monitoring and maintaining a structured, safe, caring, healthy, and learning environment for juveniles.
- Example of Duties
Work in this classification requires an individual to be able to perform the essential job functions satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary classification functions herein described. Since every duty associated with this classification may not be described herein, employees may be required to perform duties not specifically spelled out in this classification description, but which may be reasonably considered to be incidental in the performing of their duties just as though they were actually written out in this description.
TYPICAL CLASSIFICATION ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
- Implements and delivers programs to juveniles, supporting detention philosophy, goals and objectives.
- Provides effective role modeling and mentoring to juveniles in the facility.
- Observes the behaviors of juveniles and situations that occur, recalls facts and prepares written reports.
- Monitors the detention facility to ensure a safe environment for both the juveniles and staff.
- Observes and ensures security of the facility in accordance with applicable Federal, State, County and related laws, rules, regulations, policies and procedures for the detention center; determines rule infractions, takes appropriate action, and reports violations and/or incidents.
- Prepares incident reports, updates logs for daily activities, documents and/or reports pertinent incidents to supervision.
- Processes new arrivals into detention facility.
- Escorts juveniles to and from Superior Court courtrooms and throughout the facility, restrained or unrestrained; maintains appropriate level of safety and security during juvenile movement.
- Drives a court vehicle to transport juveniles, as required.
- Reacts to physical confrontations and emergency situations quickly and effectively using sanctioned techniques; takes appropriate actions to effectively de-escalate situations and applies mechanical restraints as necessary.
- Performs physical searches such as pat-downs and strip searches in accordance with statutory requirements.
- May testify at hearing or in court.
- Maintain absolute confidentiality of work-related issues, customer records, and restricted County information.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Minimum Requirements
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM WORK:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Must be a minimum of twenty-one (21) years of age.
- Must submit to fingerprint and background examinations.
- Valid Arizona State Driver's License.
- CPR and Food handlers certifications required within 90 days of hire.
- Supplemental Information
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of the purpose of juvenile detention, court and justice system environments.
- Knowledge of applicable Federal, State, County and related laws, rules, regulations, policies and procedures for the detention center.
- Knowledge of report preparation and record keeping as they pertain to court system.
- Knowledge of adolescent behavior and supervision methods for juveniles.
- Knowledge of security considerations and measures.
- Ability to follow instructions, both verbal and written.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in court related matters.
- Ability to observe behaviors and quickly analyze situations, detect problems and recall facts, respond to emergencies or stressful situation calmly, quickly, and decisively.
- Ability to use a personal computer, electronic networks and other information and communications technologies.
- Ability to prepare clear, concise reports to management.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing to audiences of various social, cultural, ethnic, educational and economic backgrounds.
Independent body mobility to stand, walk, bend, and sit for prolonged periods of time and/or drive a vehicle. Will be required to stand and walk for at least half of their scheduled work shift Manual dexterity to reach, and grasp; manual dexterity to hand write or use computer keyboard; vision sufficient to see and read; hear and speak to communicate with customers in person and over the phone; lifting up to 50 pounds, unloading, pushing and carrying small files/objects to and from various locations throughout the County.
Work is performed inside the confinement of a correctional facility and/or office setting. Will be required to drive throughout the state. Will be required to work rotating shifts, weekends, holidays and some overtime, as scheduled. Subject to immediate call out when an emergency occurs.
THIS IS A SAFETY SENSITIVE POSITION.