Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Management and Budget Analyst
at Pinal County
Pay: $57,909 to $65,871.50/year
$57909 - $65871.5
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 2806882
Categories: Accounting/Auditing, Management - Mid-Level (Manager, Director), Management - ALL CATEGORIES
Overall Job Objective
- Notice to applicants:
- This is announcement is continuous and may be closed as soon as a sufficient number of qualified candidates have applied.
Perform senior level professional work to promote financial health, optimization of resource allocation, and maintain fiscal responsibility through countywide and departmental budget reporting and analyses, forecast revenues and expenditures, and advise departments on strategic and business planning by preparing a variety of reports and recommendations under general supervision reporting to the Director, Office of Management and Budget.
- Example of Duties
- Work in this classification requires an individual to be able to perform the essential job functions satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary classification functions herein described. Since every duty associated with this classification may not be described herein, employees may be required to perform duties not specifically spelled out in this classification description, but which may be reasonably considered to be incidental in the performing of their duties just as though they were actually written out in this description.
TYPICAL CLASSIFICATION ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
- Lead, coordinate, schedule, assign, and inspect the daily work activities of assigned staff if applicable.
- Develop budget guidelines and budget calendar, create departmental budget worksheets, update method used to capture departmental submissions, present information to all departments at budget meetings, assist departments in entering budget information, and coordinate the development of a sustainable and structurally balanced budget by analyzing submittals from departments for conformance with instructions and objectives.
- Create financial models used for projected costs, specifically personnel services costs and update revenue forecasts and reconcile fund balances.
- Conduct meetings with departments to review and discuss submissions, analyze needs and alignment with countywide strategic priorities, and present to include public hearing presentations as well as work session presentations.
- Create reports and communicate with departments any changes or updates to submissions, communicate to departments final adopted budget and policies, and publish County annual budget document.
- Develop budget documents that are published as required that may include departmental information that includes both financial and performance information.
- Develop and process budget amendments, work with departments for mid-year adjustments and needs, resolve mid-year issues and requests, reconcile budgets, implement budget revisions if there is a significant change in forecast, reallocations, monitoring revenues and expenditures, analyze variances, hiring freeze exemption requests, and general fund contingency requests, and enforce budget policies and procedures.
- Perform forecasting for revenues and expenses throughout the year for the General Fund for non-department and department revenues and expenses continually.
- Coordinate tax levy and rate committee meetings which include scheduling the meetings and coordinating the solicitation of levy and rate information from all county entities, reconcile tax levy and rate submissions, and performs public policy analysis to ensure compliance with state statutes and proposed legislation.
- Contact all county cities and towns to obtain tax levy and rate ordinance or resolution, review submissions for accuracy, review state statues and any proposed legislation to identify areas of concern, facilitate discussion of committee members, and submit agenda item to the Board of Supervisors for adoption of all tax levies and rates.
- Conduct special research projects, as assigned that may not directly affect the budget, using methods such as economic indicators, industry trends, and cost-benefit analysis for the purpose of formulating a recommendation.
- Develop monthly, quarterly, and annual budget status reports and variance analysis of department and non-department budgets, develop monthly general fund balance status and projection reports, and produce a variety of ad hoc financial reports.
- Analytical review of Federal, State, and Local policies, rules, and regulations to ensure compliance and strategy development.
- Administration and analytical review of Inter-governmental agreements, contracts, and memorandums of understanding.
- Provide formal and informal training sessions of the financial system, provide departments an understanding of their budgets, position, and staffing analysis, meet with and provide phone consultations, and provide financial advice and guidance on financial processes.
- Work with Enterprise Resource Planning projects, teams, and systems to ensure County-wide priorities and needs are met.
- Review and approve Board of Supervisor agenda items and grant applications, provide forecast technique recommendations, performance analysis technique recommendations and streamlined work process changes to departments, and respond to citizen's questions related to the budget, sales tax, and property taxes.
- To promote and adhere to the workplace values of accountability, commitment, and teamwork to help enrich lives beyond expectation.
- Maintain absolute confidentiality of work-related issues, customer records, and restricted County information.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Minimum Requirements
- MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM WORK:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Statistics, Business or Public Administration, or related field.
- Two (2) years of professional level analytical financial experience.
- Or an equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience may substitute for the minimum requirements.
- A valid driver's license at time of hire.
- Governmental budgetary and finance experience that includes leading budgetary functions and operations, budget analysis, forecasting, and budget preparation.
- Supplemental Information
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of advanced principles, methods, and practices of government finance, budgeting, audit, and accounting.
- Knowledge of automated information systems for accounting.
- Knowledge of pertinent Federal, state, and local laws, codes, and regulations as they apply to area of assignment.
- Knowledge of effective data research techniques, statistical analysis, report writing, and presentation skills.
- Knowledge of advanced research methodologies, data gathering, and analysis in order to perform budgetary and policy analysis.
- Skill in utilizing personal computer software programs affecting assigned work and in compiling and preparing budget and financial reports.
- Skill in helping stakeholders make strategic connections between financial budgets and operational management.
- Ability to conduct employee training and briefing sessions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other department staff, management, outside agencies, community groups, and the general public.
- Ability to assess and prioritize multiple tasks, projects, and demands and plan and coordinate the work of others.
The work is sedentary and requires exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. The work also requires the ability to finger, reach, perform repetitive motion, hear, speak, walk, and demonstrate mental and visual acuity.
Work is performed in a dynamic environment that requires the ability to be sensitive to change and responsive to changing goals, priorities, and needs.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!