Tucson Medical Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Rural Clinics Manager - Willcox
at Tucson Medical Center
Northern Cochise Community Hospital Position Description
JOB TITLE: Rural Clinics Manager
REPORTS TO: Director of Human Resources
Oversees the direction of business operations of the Rural Clinics to include: Sulpher Springs Medical Center and Sunsites Medical Center. Coordinates services provided by licensed medical providers at clinics located in the Willcox and Sunsites communities. Ensures that medical services are delivered to patients in a cost-effective and efficient manner. In coordination with NCCH Administrators and CEO, accountable for the overall financial health and stability of the Rural Clinics.
Responsible for the supervision and daily operations of the rural health clinics:
- Coordinates physician’s schedules, after-hour coverage, staff meetings, and continuing education
- Acts as CEO designee with providers when directed to do so by the CEO
- Develops, implements, and evaluates clinic policies, goals, and objectives
- Orients new staff and assures that training and education needs of staff are met
- Participates in the development and monitoring of clinic budget
- Reviews and analyzes financial data in order to implement actions that improve the financial health of the rural clinics
- Ensures compliance with regulations and with clinic standards of quality patient care.
- Coordinates and aligns Rural Clinics operations with NCCH operations, to include: Quality, Risk, Peer Review, Human Resources, IT, Facilities, and all clinical departments
- Aligns all Rural Clinics policy and procedures with NCCH organizational policy and procedures
- Coordinates medical records, clinic billing & coding, plus credit & collection processes, with NCCH HIM Department, Director
- Responsible for physician/provider contracts and third party payors – to include maintenance, renewals, and initial submissions of such contacts.
Provides coverage for various clinic areas when necessary, conducts department meetings and attends hospital and quality meetings.
Supervisory Responsibilities as applicable :
Cost and Revenue
- Engage in business development that aligns with the NCCH Strategic Plan
- Manage inventory/supply costs
- Manage staff costs
- Prepare budgets/manage variances
- Review charges and daily billing if applicable
- Review and provide direction with regard to departmental vendor contracts
Manages department compliance with licensing and certification standards
- Conduct annual review of policy and procedures
- Initiate new policies and procedures
- Maintain departmental Survey Readiness for State and Federal licensure surveys or inspections (i.e. AZ Hospital regulations; AZ Nursing Care Institution regulations; Critical Access Hospital federal regulations; Rural Health Clinics federal regulations)
Manages quality assurance, performance improvement and patient/staff safety/risk
- Establish patient and staff safety procedures
- Establish and monitor quality indicators and analysis data
- Initiate performance improvement activities
- Establish and monitor departmental goals
- Conduct employee performance evaluations
- Conduct staff meetings
- Conduct training, orientation, and staff competencies
- Establish and monitor work schedules
- Interview and select staff in collaboration with HR
- Monitor employee performance
- Recommend corrective actions and prepare documents in collaboration with HR
- Review/approve staff time and attendance records for payroll processing
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree preferred. Previous Practice Management experience working with multiple providers preferred. Minimum 3 years managerial experience required. Must have experience working directly with physicians, patients, and external entities.
KNOWLEDGE/ SKILLS/ ABILITIES
- Knowledge of HIPAA Confidentiality and Security requirements.
- Knowledge and technical skill/ability to perform the functions of their specific clinical or non-clinical discipline.
- Ability to respond effectively and make independent decisions as circumstances warrant.
- Skill and ability to communicate effectively using both verbal and written methods.
- Effective critical thinking, problem solving, planning, and analytical skills and abilities.
- Skill and ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and re-prioritize with changing circumstances.
- Well organized, self directed, and presents/maintains a professional demeanor.
- Able to provide technical advice and knowledge to those within as well as outside of their discipline.
- Effective interpersonal and customer service skills. Treats others with respect, does not gossip.
- Computer proficiency and technical aptitude and ability to effectively use computer software programs.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Skill and ability to maintain working relationships that focus on performance.
- Knowledge of medical office management principles and patient accounting.
- Skills in interpreting rules and regulations, and establishing/updating policies and procedures.
- Ability to communicate effectively using written and oral methods, multi-task, work independently, and solve problems.
- Ensures patient care and customer service is the highest priority.
- Values Diversity and embraces ideas from others.
- Accountable for actions and outcomes.
- Approaches conflict directly, privately, and with the intention to improve relationships.