Scottsdale Unified School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Facilities Services Technician - Custodial @ Arcadia HS
at Scottsdale Unified School District
PAY GRADE: J
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
Incumbents perform semi-skilled activities in buildings, grounds, utilities, sports field maintenance, and equipment operations. Incumbents operate light equipment such as utility vehicles, tractors, mowers and trucks. Incumbents assist with and learn trades level work.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: (These duties are a representative sample; position assignments may vary.)
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: (positions in this class typically require):
High School Diploma, or G.E.D., specialized training and experience related to area of assignment and three years of relevant maintenance experience; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
LICENSING REQUIREMENTS: (positions in this class typically require):
· Valid Arizona Driver’s License.
Some positions may require:
· Pesticide Applicator’s License;
· Freon Certification.
KNOWLEDGE: (position requirements at entry):
· Procedures, practices, and methods related to area of assignment;
· Tools, equipment, and materials relevant to area of assignment;
· Mathematical principles;
· Safe work practices;
· Methods and tools used in assigned area of responsibility.
SKILLS: (position requirements at entry):
· Performing semi-skilled repairs and preventative maintenance;
· Using equipment and tools typical in assigned area;
· Operating a variety of hand and power tools;
· Performing manual labor;
· Reading blueprints, schematics, drawings, and/or construction drawings;
· Preparing and maintaining a variety of maintenance records;
· Performing mathematical calculations, including algebra and geometry;
· Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.
Positions in this class typically require: climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, finger dexterity, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
Heavy Work: Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of forces constantly to move objects.
Incumbents may be subjected to moving mechanical parts, electrical currents, vibrations, fumes, odors, dusts, gases, chemicals, oils, extreme temperatures, inadequate lighting, and intense noises.
The above job description is intended to represent only the key areas of responsibilities; specific position assignments will vary depending on the business needs of the department.
Return To Work Retirees will have an hourly rate approximately 9% lower than listed below without falling below minimum wage.
Job Contact Information
Tuesday, September 1, 2020 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)