Scottsdale Unified School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Coach - Sand Volleyball - Saguaro High School
at Scottsdale Unified School District
PAY GRADE: Supplemental Salary Schedule
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
POSITION OBJECTIVE: Position is responsible for coaching student athletes in game strategies and techniques to prepare them for athletic competition. Position motivates student athletes to develop an appreciation of the sport.
B Sports: Badminton, Cross Country, Dive, Golf, Sand Volleyball, Soccer, Swim, Tennis, Track, Wrestling.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: (These duties are a representative sample; position assignments may vary.)
· Holds organizational meetings for team prospects and encourages potential athletes to participate in the sport.
· Assesses player’s skills and assigns team positions.
· Develops a regular practice schedule and organizes practice time to provide both individual and team development.
· Works with the athletic director in scheduling facilities for practices and competition.
· Assigns duties to assistant coaches as necessary.
· Coaches and instructs players, individually or in groups, regarding the rules, regulations, equipment, and techniques of the sport.
· Observes players, during competition and practice to determine the needs for individual or team improvement.
· Determines game strategy based on the team’s capabilities.
· Establishes and maintains standards of pupil behavior and provides proper supervision of athletes at all times.
· Monitors the academic performance of team members to ensure that eligibility requirements are met; and encourages student athletes to maintain a high academic standard.
· Follows established procedures in the event of an athlete’s injury.
· Conferences with parents/guardians, as necessary, regarding the athletic performance of their student.
· Follows state, regional, AIA and district regulations governing the athletic program.
· Models sportsmanlike behavior and maintains appropriate conduct towards players, officials, and spectators.
· Acts as a team representative and promotes the sport by communicating with the booster clubs, service clubs, and other organizations.
· Follows established procedures for the proper care, maintenance, requisitioning of equipment, supplies, and uniforms.
· Works with the athletic director to develop a policy for awards and submits a list of award winners at the end of the season.
· Participates in special activities to include parent’s night, banquets, award nights, and pep assemblies.
· Maintains eligibility forms, emergency information, insurance records, equipment inventory, and other related records.
· Models nondiscriminatory practices in all activities.
· Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: (positions in this class typically require):
· Bachelor’s degree preferred
· Prior coaching experience preferred
· Must be at least 21 years of age.
· Arizona Department of Education Teaching Certificate preferred*
· Arizona Department of Public Safety Fingerprint Clearance card is required
· Fundamentals of Coaching Certificate required:
· Concussion in Sports Certificate required:
*If applicant does not have an Arizona Teaching Certificate, two additional coaching certificate are required:
· First Aid, Health, and Safety https://www.nfhslearn.com/courses/26/first-aid-health- and-safety
· Coaching (specific sport) or Teaching sports skills https://www.nfhslearn.com/courses/61170/teaching-sports-skills
*Applications submitted without all required documents attached will be considered incomplete*
SKILLS: (position requirements at entry):
· Ability to maintain effective relationships with students, staff, and community.
· Knowledge of fundamental principles of the sport.
· Ability to adhere to administrative policies and receives of the program.
Positions in this class typically require: reaching, standing, walking, finger dexterity, grasping, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
Medium Work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for Sedentary Work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for Light Work.
The above job description is intended to represent only the key areas of responsibilities; specific position assignments will vary depending on the business needs of the department.
Job Contact Information
Wednesday, April 10, 2019 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)