Scottsdale Unified School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Administrative Support Technician Registrar - High
at Scottsdale Unified School District
PAY GRADE: I
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
High school registrars are responsible for the overall monitoring and maintenance of student enrollment and academic records, certifying compliance with statutory and district guidelines.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: (These duties are a representative sample; position assignments may vary.)
1. Support mission, core values, and goals of the district.
2. Register and enroll new students, collecting all required documents.
3. Process open enrollments, both in and out of District.
4. Schedule appointments for new students to meet with counselors,
5. Provide paperwork to appropriate staff for students with IEPs or 504 Plans.
6. Enter all student information into the student information system consistent with state business rules and district requirements.
7. Request academic records of new students from prior school(s).
8. Provide transfer grades or last progress report for withdrawn students to new school.
9. Enter official transcripts of transfer, homebound, summer school, and concurrently enrolled students into student information system.
10. Collect 45-day screenings.
11. Track 10-day drops by having teachers verify class rosters.
12. Process student withdrawals, inform appropriate staff of withdrawal, and track where exited students enroll.
13. Track and update Dual Enrollment status of students.
14. Track full-time equivalency of students and notify district office staff of changes.
15. Verify that all teachers have posted all grades during the grading window.
16. Collect hard copy grade books at year-end.
17. Update and track information changes in the student information system such as address, phone numbers, or emergency contacts.
18. Review cumulative files for all incoming students to ensure all required documents are included.
19. Periodically audit student cumulative files.
20. Annually update student cumulative files with transcript of final grades, standardized assessment results, a summary of attendance, updated immunization records (if applicable), open enrollment forms, and re- enrollment forms.
21. Work closely with counselors re: year-end status, class ranks, grade changes, etc.
22. Send official transcripts to colleges/universities upon request.
23. Ensure all in-state colleges receive information on the top 25% ranked students.
24. Produce a variety of student lists for school and district use: graduates, course failure, proficiency scores, grade and demographics, extracurricular and co-curricular participants, concurrently enrolled, etc.
25. Prepare records for storage according to record retention guidelines.
26. Due to the potential for access to confidential student information, it is mandatory that this position safeguard and maintain the confidentiality of the information stored and discussed in the school.
27. Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: (positions in this class typically require):
· Minimum High School Diploma or equivalent.
· Three years clerical and record keeping experience required.
· Data entry experience preferred. High level of data entry accuracy required.
· Prefer student information system software experience.
LICENSING REQUIREMENTS: (positions in this class typically require):
KNOWLEDGE: (position requirements at entry):
· Current state requirements and guidelines.
· Student information systems, database concepts.
· Knowledge of school and district policies helpful.
SKILLS: (position requirements at entry):
· Effective interpersonal skills.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Programs: Microsoft Access, Excel, Word, Student Information Systems, state longitudinal database.
Positions in this class typically require: reaching, standing, walking, finger dexterity, grasping, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
Light Work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for Sedentary Work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for Light Work.
The above job description is intended to represent only the key areas of responsibilities; specific position assignments will vary depending on the business needs of the department.
Return To Work Retirees will have an hourly rate approximately 9% lower than listed below without falling below minimum wage.
Job Contact Information
|Title||Admin Support Coordinator|
Thursday, August 29, 2019 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)