Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
$3,000 Signing Bonus*
Due to record growth Kearny Mesa Hyundai & Subaru are accepting applications for Hyundai and Subaru Technicians for San Diego’s largest dealership with the best location.
*The $3,000.00 hiring bonus will be paid at a rate of a $500 a month after 6 months of continuous full time employment (the employee must stay employed with the dealership to receive all of the monthly pay-outs).
Become a member of a winning team! Kearny Mesa Hyundai is currently accepting applications for a SubaruTechnician and a Hyundai Technician. Technicians inspect, maintain and repair vehicles. Technicians use diagnostic tools to identify the source of problems and then make adjustments or repairs. As with all positions within dealerships, Technicians are expected to uphold the highest ethical standards. Must be avilable to work evenings Mon-Fri 4:00 pm-12:00 am
- Diagnosing the cause of malfunctions and performing work specified on the repair order with efficiency and in accordance with dealership and/or factory standards.
- Repairing or replacing all parts of a vehicle including wheels, axles, frames, defective ball joint suspensions and brake shoes; installing and repairing air conditioners and servicing components such as compressors, condensers, and controls; and testing electronic computer components in automobiles to ensure that they are working properly.
- Communicating directly with the service advisor so that customers can be informed if any additional service is needed.
- Providing an estimate of time needed for additional repairs.
- Inspecting and testing new vehicles for damage and recording findings so that necessary repairs can be made.
- Supervising and training apprentice or entry-level technicians.
Most technicians have two to five years of experience as an entry-level automotive technician and hold at least one National Institute of Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) certification in the eight automotive specialty areas (engine repair, engine performance, heating and air conditioning, electrical systems, automatic transmissions, manual transmission and axle, brakes and front end). Service technicians must keep abreast of the federal, state and local regulations that affect their operations, and must also comply with these regulations as well as hazardous waste disposal and OSHA policies. Minimum of two years of current experience as an Automotive Technician. Manufacturer’s training and ASE certifications are appreciated.
Kearny Mesa Hyundai Subaru is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V) and maintains a drug-free workplace. If you receive an offer of employment, it will be a conditional offer contingent on the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and background check.