San Diego Rescue Mission
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Assistant Thrift Store Manager
at San Diego Rescue Mission
The San Diego Rescue Mission is built on beliefs that speak to the heart. We believe this is more than a job, that it’s a calling to love our neighbors and those in need the way that Jesus would. In our programs, we create a holistic approach to recovery and rehabilitation while ensuring that our building is a safe haven for men, women and children who have experienced homelessness.
The Assistant Thrift Store Manager position is designed to give you an entry level opportunity to leadership. This role requires you to be outgoing and hold the ability to establish boundaries, to be solution focused, task oriented, computer literate, passionate, self-disciplined and free to implement team harmony while assisting the needs of customers, students and staff. The Assistant Manager will provide support to the Regional Store Manager and provide support to the Students during their Job Training phase.
Receives and displays merchandise, totals sales, and accepts payment from customers. Assist Regional Store Manager in overall training of Customer Service Associates. Oversees quality control for that particular store, and coordinates promotions and sales in order to meet Monthly revenue target.
Manage Thrift Store employees
- Provide good customer service to donors and customers
- Build strong working relationships with the team
- Represent our Mission, Vision and Values
- Continue to grow as a follower of Jesus Christ and Spiritual Leader
- Maintains daily operation of store and understands all store policies and procedures.
- Assist Regional Store Manager in the comprehensive training of Customer Service Associates on store procedures, pricing of merchandise and POS system.
- Assigns daily duties and provides support as needed to Customer Service Associates and Job Training Students.
- Responsible for the proper Opening and closing of store and daily sales reports.
- Responsible for the coaching and training of store staff to maximize sales, service, safety and security
- Prepares and orders merchandise for the store according to the store’s needs and sales.
- Stocks shelves, counters and/or tables with merchandise.
- Answers questions and responds to concerns from customers and shares with the Regional Store Manager for improved business.
- Assist customers in finding and filling their needs.
- Gather and tracks customer information to inform them of incoming merchandise and advance notice of sales.
- Set up advertising display or arrange merchandise on counters or tables to promote sales; controls rotation of merchandise.
- Observes and inspects delivery of merchandise and reports any discrepancies to Regional Store Manager and Director.
- Responsible for the cleanliness of the store
- Responsible for the staff coverage of store that may include rotating between Thrift stores locations.
- Assist Regional Manager in the writing and conducting of staff reviews
- Keeps control of returns and no-sales at the store
Education: Minimum high school diploma.
Experience: Minimum two-year sales experience and one year with supervisory duties, preferably in a retail establishment. Nonprofit experience preferred.
Skills and Abilities: General, hands-on computer experience with basic knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook); typing (min 35 wpm); 10-key; coordinate and/or direct a variety of complex tasks and assignments simultaneously and successfully; exercise good judgment and make sensible decisions; attentive to detail; prioritize effectively; effective oral and written communication skills; eagerness to learn and be trained; work both independently and as part of a team; provide information to public by answering questions and requests; regular, timely attendance.
Bilingual preferred; recognize quality merchandise, i.e., collectibles, antiques, name brand clothing, vintage clothing, antique furniture, and bric-a-brac; good customer service skills; work under fast-paced conditions.
This position is full time, eligible for benefits, employer pays 85% of medical, also included employer paid life/ADD and disability plan, vacation, holidays and sick pay. Affordable dental, vision, voluntary benefits for life/ADD and a 403B savings plan, employee responsible for premiums.
All openings are subject to change without notice, due to the volume of applications/resumes received, we are unable to respond to status inquiries. Please be assured that your information is being properly handled and forwarded to the appropriate hiring staff. If your skills and qualifications meet the needs of the job, you will be contacted.