Jim Click Automotive Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Collision Center Estimator - Auto Mall
at Jim Click Automotive Group
POSITION SUMMARY: Evaluates bodywork needed on vehicles brought in by customers, vendors, insurance firms, etc. Safely drives vehicles on pre-established routes. Able to Identify and record all required work accurately and correctly. Promptly provides a fair and profitable appraisal of the cost and time to complete all work. Ensures all repair work is entered into the system and tracked to completion.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Inspects vehicles and identifies all defects, flaws, blemishes and damage both on the exterior and interior.
- Prepares all bodywork estimates and enters work into the computer.
- Uses computer-tracking system for vehicle status, etc.
- Clearly and concisely answers telephone inquiries of customers, technicians and co-workers.
- Keeps work/repair orders and other related paperwork organized in a standard filing system available for immediate reference and retrieval.
- Completes all assigned work in a safe manner; consistently follows all federal, state and local regulations regarding OSHA guidelines, safety requirements and safety awareness for customer vehicles.
- Obeys all state and federal laws and regulations; adheres to all Company policies, procedures and ethical standards and established industry guidelines.
- Identifies related body and/or service work required by vehicle and communicate needed work with customer.
- Test-drives vehicles on pre-established evaluation routes.
ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Clearly communicates verbally in person and by telephone with co-workers and customers regarding the needs or status of the vehicle.
- English reading and math skills sufficient to read all technical related documents, Material Safety Data Sheets and manufacturer's information, verify accuracy of information and understand directions (approximately 10th grade level).
- Arrives at work as scheduled with consistent, regular and timely attendance.
- Completes forms, documents and reports in a legible, timely and accurate manner.
- Accurately compares, reads and records identification numbers up to "18" alpha and numeric series (i.e.
- Vehicle Identification Numbers, part numbers).
- Works extended hours (potentially 10 hour days) AND spur of the moment additional hours as needed on a regular and irregular basis.
- Repeated, regular and accurate input of information to computer.
- Mentally recalls, tracks and accurately recounts work in progress.
- Accurate use of pertinent and related information.
- Works with more than one person and/or task simultaneously with continuous direct and indirect interruptions while maintaining a professional, cordial and friendly manner at all times.
- Works cooperatively and courteously with a diverse population of co-workers and customers. Clearly and effectively communicates with diverse work- group; handles frustration, anger and pressure without internalizing.
- Repeated and continuous walking, standing, bending and stooping.
- Focuses on required tasks and customers, ignoring surrounding conversations and/or distractions.
- Extensive (up to 8 consecutive hours) standing and walking (up to 4 miles daily) on cement, usual parking lot surfaces, tile, lino and other interior and exterior flooring surfaces.