Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Registered Nurse-Lead (Lakewood)
at Jefferson Hills
Looking for an alternative to hospital care? We offer competitive pay, shift differentials and the opportunity to make an immediate impact on the lives of youth and children. New graduates are encouraged to apply.
Sunday, Monday, Tuesday days rotating Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday Days
Our nurses work as members of interdisciplinary teams provide general and psychiatric healthcare to clients facing acute mental health needs in the hospital diversion program (New Vistas), Crisis Stabilization Unit (CSU). Responsibilities for Lead Nurse include:
- Auditing medication administration records for all units and making appropriate decisions to rectify any discrepancies.
- Ensure medications are handled according to licensing standards and statute requirements and are administered safely, and effectively, including the accurately. Monitor standards and compliance issues.
- Ensure staff responsible for medication monitoring is appropriately trained, including proper reporting procedures for problems with the administering of medications and proper responses to medical emergencies.
- Lead staff nurses to ensure effective implementation of the agency’s mission, goals and objective on a daily basis.
- Provide nursing support to the Clinical Program Director as needed.
- Maintain supplies and inventory check list and report to the Clinical Program Director for order approval.
- Responsible for maintaining and updating the schedule and will communicate with Clinical Program Director regarding staffing needs.
- Collaboration with all members of the treatment team in making decisions regarding appropriate patient care
- Provide nursing functions as described in Nursing Job Description.
- Assesses situations involving clients' safety, abuse (physical, sexual, drug) and other health related issues for the purpose of identifying problems, referring for proper treatment and complying with legal requirements.
- Insure that standards of accuracy, quality and efficiency are met.
- Conduct basic orientation and training for Jefferson Hills shift nurses.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing and holds a current Colorado or compact RN license.
- Minimum 5 years of nursing
- Experience in a leadership or supervisory role.
- Experience with psychiatric nursing, pediatric mental health, corrections or residential care strongly preferred.
- Strong assessment skills as well as critical thinking skills, problem solving and excellent documentation required.
- Must hold and maintain current CPR/BLS certification.
- Please apply with your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements.
- Jefferson Hills is dedicated to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of age, race, creed, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation or any other protected status according to Colorado state and federal laws.
- Applicant must be 21 years or older.
NOTE: This position works in a licensed, residential child care facility. Drug screen and rigorous background check required for employment.
Jefferson Hills offers a comprehensive, affordable benefits program including health, dental and vision coverage, 403(b) with company match, long and short term disability plans and A FREE MEAL FOR EVERY 8 HOURS WORKED!
We seek to provide professional learning and development through ongoing training and a tuition reimbursement program. Jefferson Hills is an equal opportunity employer.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE