Horizon Health and Wellness
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Horizon Health and Wellness
Horizon Health and Wellness Inc is seeking a detail orientated professional to ensure a positive experience for patients admitted to the facility. A qualified candidate should have a proven track record of providing excellent customer service and the ability to ensure adherence to guidelines and/or processes.
The main responsibility of this position is to ensure that all persons that are admitted to the 23 hour Observation/Stabilization unit are admitted in a clinically appropriate manner and in adherence to other standards. The Admissions Coordinator is responsible for reviewing all admissions paperwork to ensure completeness and also notarize if required for any Title 36 paperwork. In addition to this responsibility, the Admission Coordinator is responsible for coordinating with designated medical provider and external law enforcement or stakeholders if applicable. A primary accountability of this position is to ensure appropriate patient flow of the facility and enter all admission information into the electronic medical record within the required time frame.
- HS Diploma or GED plus 4 years’ experience in the field or combined with education and experience.
- Two (2) years experience as a case manager.
- Eligible to be certified Notary is required.
- Must be at least 21 years of age or older.
- Demonstrated knowledge of referral resources available to participants.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service skills with internal and external applicants.
- Ability to work with outside agencies in coordinating care plans.
- Must have extensive knowledge and background of SMI population.
- Ability to effectively use Handle with Care and behavior management techniques in crisis situations.
- Demonstrates ability to multi task in high stress situations.
- Ability to have good attention to detail skills. Ensuring legal paperwork is complete and thorough.
- Demonstrates knowledge of how the acute and chronic nature of the chemical/co-dependence, and the ways medical, emotional, behavioral, social, education, and other interventions are used to treat the participant.
- Must be knowledgeable of benefit and entitlements process and community resources available.
- Certification in first aid, CPR and CPI.
- Willingness to work nights and weekends.
- Must obtain and maintain a Fingerprint clearance card and pass a background check.
- Prior office experience in a behavioral health setting.
- Experience with seriously mentally ill participant populations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in human service or related field.
- Bilingual - English/Spanish.