Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Telemetry Technician - PCCU - Osborn Medical Center
- Requisition ID
- 01 - Days
- Osborn Medical Center
- Position Type
- Regular Full-Time
- Physical Work Location and New Employee Orientation Location : Address
- 7400 E OSBORN RD
- Work Hours
Position is located at:
HonorHealth – Osborn Medical Center
7400 E OSBORN RD
SCOTTSDALE, Arizona 85251
HonorHealth is a non-profit, local healthcare organization known for community service and outstanding medical quality. HonorHealth encompasses five acute care hospitals with approximately 11,500 employees and 4,500 volunteers, over 70 primary and specialty care practices, clinical research, medical education, an inpatient rehabilitation hospital, an Accountable Care Organization, two foundations, and extensive community services.
HonorHealth is a leader in medical innovation, talent and technology with a genuine commitment to your growth. The health system's vibrant careers take place in an environment filled with opportunity and respect because we see the HONOR in you.
High School Diploma or GED Required
Basic EKG Class Required
Monitors and interprets cardiac rhythms at the central telemetry station.
The staff member must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served on his/her assigned unit. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development of the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient's status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to his/her age-specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in the unit's departmental policies and procedures
- Monitors waveforms and identifies normal rhythms and dysrhythmias. Documents rhythm strip every shift and as needed with any changes in rhythm. Troubleshoots and maintains telemetry transmitters and receivers. Communicates with the healthcare team of any abnormal rhythm or changes in a patient’s rhythm.
- Assists, provides input, and serves as a resource to the healthcare team.
- Provides customer service by addressing or redirecting questions or concerns from patients, families, caregivers, visitors or healthcare team members.
- Maintains unit and other regulatory education requirements. Participates in continuing education, quality improvement activities, and supports membership in technical organizations.
- Utilizes material resources in a cost-effective manner. Recommends cost-saving measures within the department or unit.
- Responds appropriately to crisis/emergency situations. Seeks guidance from appropriate resource relevant to the situation.
It is the policy of HonorHealth to provide equal opportunity in employment. Selection and employment of applicants will be made on the basis of their qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster.HonorHealth wants all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities. If you are an applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us at EmploymentOffice@HonorHealth.com . Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed. This option is reserved only for individuals with disabilities that are unable to use the online tools and is not intended for other purposes.