Hillcrest Medical Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Patient Care Assistant (PCA) PCU Days Full Time
at Hillcrest Medical Center
The Nursing Assistant shall be responsible for assisting in the care of patients under the direction of an RN and LPN.
1. The nurse aide will demonstrate knowledge of development and norms for adolescent, adult and geriatric customers. They will carry out the plan of care as directed by the nurse.
2. The nurse aide will demonstrate all safety precautions per facility policy.
3. The nurse aide will have knowledge of all vital sign parameters and report anything outside of those parameters to the nurse immediately and document doing so.
4. The nurse aide will provide privacy and respect to all customers.
5. The employee will report to work on time and work as scheduled and per attendance policy. The employee will work independently with minimal supervision and utilize policy and procedures of the facility to guide them in the proper course of action.
6. The employee will comply with safety policies and procedures and maintain professional working relationships with co workers, physicians, and customers.
7. The employee will follow all infection control policies and procedures.
8. The nurse aid will be trained to obtain EKG’s on cardiac patients.
9. The nurse aid will be responsible to assure telemetry is on patient with battery changes, lead replacement to assure safety of cardiac patient.
Education: Must possess a high school diploma or GED equivalent.
Technical/Formal Training: Must obtain and maintain a current certification in CPR.
Knowledge/Skill/Abilities: Exhibit proficiency in patient care and oral communication skills. Must be able to follow directions and perform work according to department standards under the supervision of an RN/LPN. Must be emotionally mature and able to function effectively under stress.
Experience: Desirable characteristics include at least one year of experience as a Nursing Assistant, preferably in the area of application.
Licensure: Oklahoma Certificate as a Certified Nursing Assistant or Patient Care Technician optional.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.