Hillcrest Medical Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Hillcrest Medical Center
The Financial Counselor is primarily responsible for timely answering of phone calls, general registration such as accurate selection in creating a patient's medical record number (MRN), financial number (account #/fin), collection of patient demographics, insurance and verification, authorization requirements, co-payment/deposits, setting payment expectations. Additional, ask and answer appropriate scheduling questions related to the patient's appointment, provide special instructions and/or prep as directed by the department/physicians.
Hours/Days of Work Hours will vary depending on departmental needs. Hours and days off may vary for department and/or assigned shifts(s). May be required to work weekends Holidays. Overtime/rotation of shifts(s) may be required. Employees may be required to float to other facilities within the Hillcrest Health System. Hours: Part Time M- F 2:00p to 6:00p.
- Education High School Diploma or GED equivalent required
- Experience/Knowledge One(1) year similar job-related experience and knowledge preferred.
- Basic computer skills with a minimum typing speed of 35 wpm
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to gain information from individuals/customers by asking appropriate questions
- Ability multitask in a fast paced environment
- Good communication skills in person and via telephone
- Detail oriented with ability to remain focused
- Strong collections skill in obtaining patients responsibility via phone
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.