Hillcrest Medical Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
CTA/Unit Clerk M/S 7-3 4 days/wk 5T
at Hillcrest Medical Center
7am - 3pm 4 days a week
The Cross Trained Assistant (CTA) performs clerical duties as well as nurse aide duties under the direction of a nurse and the unit manager. He/she can act as the unit’s receptionist by preparing the patient chart, assisting with order entry, answering call lights and phone calls.Patient assignments will be given by the nurse, and the CTA will assist with patient care task such as obtaining vital signs, assists in transporting patients, pass meal trays, deliver hygiene care and answers inquiries within the scope of practice.In addition, the CTA will order and monitor utilization of selected supplies: office, nutritional supplements, forms and retrieval chart backs.The CTA will also assist with stocking supplies that are needed in the unit as well as assist in keeping the nursing stations clean and organized.
1. Maintains professional working relationship with co-workers, physicians and customers. Listens attentively as evidenced by appropriate response. Maintains positive attitude. Promotes teamwork. Displays positive non-verbal communication skills. Demonstrates positive customer relations.
2. Collects information about the condition and treatment plan for the nurse and physician.
3. Collaborates with the nurse to carry out patient care tasks.
4. Prepares, organizes and maintains patient chart and order entry.
5. Bathes patients and provides linen changes as necessary.
6. Pass meal trays and assist patients as necessary.
7. Collect, report and document vital Signs, daily weights and Intake and Output as ordered.
8. Clean, sanitize, and restock patient rooms as necessary.
9. Answer patient call lights and provide assistance within a timely manner.
10. Assist patient with ambulatory transfers and turning assistance as necessary.
Education: Must possess a high school diploma or GED equivalent.
Technical/Formal Training: Must obtain and maintain a current BLS certification.
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Cognitive and interpersonal skills required to deliver intelligent, safe and effective directed patient care. Excellent communication skills both in person and via telephone. Working knowledge of computers and Microsoft Office Suite. Technical and interpersonal skills required to transcribe orders. Ability to use telecommunications equipment.
Experience: One year health care experience as a nurse aide preferred. One year of experience as a Unit Secretary or Administrative Assistant preferred.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.