Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Chief Financial Officer
Job Reference #: 9447_1524331
Categories: Accounting/Auditing, Management - Executive/Senior (C-Level, VP), Management - ALL CATEGORIES
Chief Financial Officer|Corporate Controller
Gibson Hotel Management, Inc. in Knoxville, TN seeking a Chief Financial Officer|Corporate Controller to join our corporate management team. Our hotel portfolio currently includes 25 hotels with Marriott, IHG and Hilton brands located in various Southeastern states.
The CFO|Corporate Controller is responsible for managing and supporting a multi-hotel portfolio, managing the corporate accounting team, assisting with all hands-on accounting aspects of the company and working collaboratively with the CEO, COO and Regional Managers in the aggressive and successful growth of the company. The role will be responsible for high level strategic leadership as well as being hands-on with the accounting team and must possess strong hotel financial and hotel accounting skills. This position requires strong management skills, technical accounting expertise, exceptional analytical and problem-solving abilities in addition to a passion for excellence in hotel financial data.
Reporting to the CEO & COO, the CFO|Corporate Controller performs these Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Manage the corporate accounting team to ensure the proper and timely issuance of monthly financial data to Senior Management and Owner/Investors as well as the issuance of budgets, statements of Profit & Loss, certification of balance sheet reconciliations, weekly and monthly reporting and forecasting and will ensure compliance with all Federal, State and Local regulations and corporate/hotel SOPs.
* Ensure updated policies and consistent practices are followed at all managed hotels for auditing guest ledgers/house accounts, mail check logs/registers and A/R posting procedures, tax exemption procedures and record keeping, guaranteed no show billing procedures, and charge back procedures.
* Manage the capital request and budgeting processes.
* Ensure that the company complies with all legal and regulatory requirements.
* Ensure that record keeping meets all requirements of auditors and governmental agencies.
* Responsible for the implementation and oversight of the hotel's internal control systems over cash, income, expense, assets, and liabilities to maximize financial performance and safeguard the assets of ownership.
* Responsible for cash flow management and tracking to identify needs and trends with cash balances and cash forecasts.
* Ensures proper and timely billing of all receivables, including individual, group and credit cards. Follows through and documents all written and verbal collection efforts for all account receivable amounts.
* Other duties may be required, as necessary.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!