Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Registered Nurse (RN)/Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) -- Home Health
at Hacienda HealthCare
Summary: Administers skilled nursing care to patients on an intermittent basis or private duty services in their place of residence. This is performed in accordance with physician orders and plan of care under the direction and supervision of the Registered Nurse. Services are furnished in accordance with Agency policies and procedures.This is a safety sensitive position.
- Provides services in accordance with the plan of care.
- Makes the initial evaluation visit and regularly reevaluates the patients nursing needs.
- Initiates the plan of care and necessary revisions
- Provides those services requiring substantial specialized nursing skills.
- Initiates appropriate preventive and rehabilitative nursing procedures.
- Prepares clinical and progress notes for each patient visit and summaries of care conferences on his/her patients in a timely manner as per Agency policy.
- Coordinates services
- Informs personnel of changes in the condition and needs of the patient.
- Counsels the patient and family/significant others in meeting nursing and related needs.
- Participates in and presents in-service programs
- Understands and adheres to established Agency policies and procedures.
- Processes orders and notifies physician of patient needs and changes in condition. Completes certification/recertification orders and discharge summaries.
- Determines the amount and type of nursing needed by each individual patient.
- Refers to Physical Therapist, Speech language Pathologist, Occupational Therapist and Medical Social Worker those patients requiring their specialized skills.
- Supervises and teaches other nursing personnel.
- Conducts patient care conferences on patients assigned to his/her care.
- Participates in peer review and performance improvement as assigned.
- Participates in utilization review of medical records as assigned.
- Takes on-call duty nights, weekends and holidays, as assigned.
- Completes and submits OASIS assessments, reassessments, transfers, resumptions of care, discharges and significant change in condition in accordance with Agency defined time frames.
- Must perform duties following safety standards required for this position including but not limited to use of PPEs..
- Must attend all training sessions required by the company
Essential functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Other Duties Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have a high school diploma or the equivalent.
- Graduate of an approved school of professional nursing and currently licensed in the state(s) in which practicing.
- Two (2) years nursing experience, preferred
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Basic Life Insurance/Accidental Death & Dismemberment
403B Retirement plan
- $ for $ up to 4%
- 3 year vesting
Employee Assistance Plan: Confidential/ Free of Charge
- Undergraduate and graduate studies (job related)
- Provides assistance to those professional personnel who must meet certain requirements for licensure
Vacation- Generous accural based on scheduled hours
Sick Leave- Based on scheduled hours
Holidays- Six paid holidays based on scheduled hours