King Soopers & City Market
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Refrigeration/Power Plant Technician
at King Soopers & City Market
Refrigeration/Power Plant Technician
Company Name: King Soopers Bakery Plant
Position Type: Employee
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Install, service and repair heating, venting, air conditioning and refrigeration/ammonia systems. Ensure work is completed in accordance with relevant codes. Perform all jobs safely, efficiently and accurately to maintain and improve the performance of the entire plant in the areas of Safety, Quality, Reliability (SQR) and our Customer 1st strategy. Role model and demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
Essential Job Functions:
- Review specifications to plan layout and installation of wiring, equipment, or fixtures for heating/cooling systems, based on job requirements and local codes.
- Assemble, install or repair wiring, electronic components, pipe systems and plumbing, machinery and equipment for heating and cooling systems.
- Construct and fabricate pipe or plumbing systems and equipment for heating and cooling systems; connect wires thermostats, controllers, switches and other components.
- Inspect, operate and test heating or cooling system equipment to diagnose malfunctions.
- Dismantle devices to gain access or to remove defective parts; repair or replace defective equipment, components or wiring.
- Reassemble and test equipment after completing repairs; record and report all faults, deficiencies and other unusual occurrences.
- Obtain and maintain required certifications.
- Support the Predictive and Preventative maintenance program team.
- Support capital and internal projects; drive upgrades to plant refrigeration and power systems.
- Follow established programs, policies and practices to produce safe quality foods that meet regulatory and company requirements.
- Support the development, implementation, maintenance, and ongoing improvement of the SQF 2000 Systems.
- Accountable to the Kroger Manufacturing Food Safety and Quality Principles.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Basic math skills.
- Ability to comprehend complex verbal and written instructions.
- Good attention to detail with high degree of accuracy and precision.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills.
- Completion of all certifications required by The Kroger Company, state and federal agencies to operate a power and/or ammonia plant safely.
- Strong knowledge of Electrical Safe Work Practices.
- Knowledge of materials, methods and tools involved in the construction or repair of heating and cooling systems.
- Ability to interface with and troubleshoot motor control equipment properly and safely.
Desired Previous Job Experience
- 2-4 years of experience as maintenance mechanic or electrician.
Education Level: High School Diploma/ GED Required
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Full-Time
Shift(s): Day; Evening; Overnight
Regions: Mountain; West
Keywords: manufacturing, refrigeration, ammonia, maintenance, bakery
Jobs at Kroger Manufacturing: Through quality products, strong individual commitments and team spirit, Kroger has been established as a leader in the manufacturing industry. Kroger Manufacturing provides career development programs aligned with aspirations in Engineering, Process Management, Information Systems, Quality Assurance, Operations Management, Human Resources, Finance and Procurement. Our work force programs provide technically challenging rotations with cross-functional teams, plants and locations to allow our Associates to learn from some of the brightest minds in the business. Experience and training combined with mentoring and guidance from plant sponsors prepare our Associates with the skills and leadership behaviors needed to achieve a successful career at Kroger.
Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve customers in 2,782 retail food stores under a variety of in 35 states. Our Family of Companies also operates 2,268 pharmacies, 274 fine jewelry stores, 1,489 supermarket fuel centers and 38 food production plants in the United States. Kroger is dedicated to our Purpose: to Feed the Human Spirit by serving America through food inspiration and uplift and creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: CO || Denver || 60 Yuma St || 80223 || King Soopers Bakery Plant || None || Manufacturing || Employee || Non-Exempt || Full-Time || None
Nearest Major Market: Denver
Job Segment: Technician, Engineer, Electrical, Law, Information Systems, Technology, Engineering, Legal