King Soopers & City Market
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Deli Assistant Manager D3 KS28
at King Soopers & City Market
- Please wait...
Deli Assistant Manager D3 KS28
Department: KS Deli/Bakery
Post End Date:
Position Type: Employee
Position Reports To: Store Management
Position Supervises: N/A
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Embrace the Customer 1st strategy to create an outstanding customer experience through exceptional service. Establish and maintain a safe and clean environment that encourages our customers to return. Assist the department manager in reaching sales and profit goals established for the department, and monitor and control all established quality assurance standards. Assist in directing, supporting and supervising all functions, duties and activities for the department. Responsible for assisting with the execution of best practices, goals and standards established for the department. Role model and demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
Essential Job Functions:
- Promote trust and respect among associates by communicating company, department, and job specific information.
- Collaborate with associates and promote teamwork to help achieve company/store goals.
- Establish performance goals for department and empower associates to meet or exceed targets.
- Assist in developing adequate schedules to manage customer needs.
- Assist in training and developing associates on performance of their job.
- Adhere to all local, state and federal laws, and company guidelines.
- Create an environment that enables customers to feel welcome, important and appreciated. Inform customers of deli specials and recommend deli items to them to ensure they get the products they want and need.
- Gain and maintain knowledge of products sold within the department.
- Prepare deli items per customer requests using proper deli equipment.
- Provide customers with fresh products that they have ordered and the correct portion size to prevent shrink; Slice deli meats and cheeses using proper deli equipment.
- Use all equipment in deli such as the refrigerators, freezers, and ovens according to company guidelines.
- Assist in the development and implementation of a department business plan to achieve desired results.
- Stay current with present, future, seasonal and special ads.
- Schedule daily, weekly and monthly price changes by updating shelf tags and promotional signs.
- Assist in the planning, organizing and supervision of the inventory process.
- Adhere to all food safety regulations and guidelines: Prepare foods according to the food temperature logs and follow cooking instructions; Ensure proper temperatures in cases and coolers are maintained and logged.
- Reinforce safety programs by complying with safety procedures and identify unsafe conditions and notify store management.
- Practice preventive maintenance by properly inspecting equipment and notify appropriate personnel of any items in need of repair.
- Notify management of customer or employee accidents.
- Report all safety risk, or issues, and illegal activity, including: robbery, theft or fraud.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Effective communication skills
- Knowledge of basic math: counting, addition, and subtraction
- Ability to handle stressful situations
- Current food handlers permit once employed
Desired Previous Job Experience
- High school education or equivalent preferred
- Management experience
- Deli experience
- Retail experience
- Second language: speaking, reading and/or writing
Education Level: None
Required Travel: Up to 25%
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Full-Time
Jobs at King Soopers: At King Soopers, we hire people who have a passion for helping others and who want to build a relationship with our Customers. No matter what stage of your career, you can build your future at King Soopers. We look for people who want more, aspire to be more and work hard to achieve their goals. Our focus on keeping the Customer first is what makes us successful. We offer many opportunities not only in our stores, but in Manufacturing, Logistics, Marketing, Finance, Human Resources, and many other fields.
Company Overview: Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve over 11 million customers daily through a seamless shopping experience under a variety of . At The Kroger Co., we are Fresh for Everyone and dedicated to our Purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit®. We are committed to creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: CO || Boulder || 6550 Lookout Rd || 80301 || King Soopers || None || Deli/Bakery || Employee || Non-Exempt || Full-Time || None
Nearest Major Market: Boulder
Nearest Secondary Market: Denver
Job Segment: Assistant Manager, Food Safety, Manager, Marketing Manager, QA, Management, Quality, Marketing
- Please wait...