Grand Canyon University
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Facilities Project Manager
at Grand Canyon University
Grand Canyon University is seeking a Facilities Project Manager who will be responsible to manage activities of assigned projects from project initiation through completion and coordinate all activities. Will work on multiple projects including but not limited to: construction, space planning and design layout; the project scope will vary in size and complexity.
- Perform the full range of activities involved in project management: initiating, planning, executing, monitoring, controlling and closing. Complete sub-project and/or stand-alone elements.
- Execute and manage change orders, RFIs or procurement bids and purchase orders for projects.
- Provide oversight of projects and escalate all issues to facilities management if not meeting project quality specifications.
- Monitor project schedule and update project plans as activities are completed.
- Translate functional requirements into a space-needs plan and submit for final approval to appropriate stakeholders.
- Provide a "single point of contact" for the University for contractors, consultants, and vendors engaged by facilities to provide services.
- Coordinate activities for vendors who are providing services such as furniture, equipment, phones, network, moves, mail service, and signage on the project; incorporate these activities within the project plan to ensure they are finished within project timeline.
- Create preliminary and department approved final space/construction plans e,g, cubicle layouts, in CAD.
- Create move coordination plans which include detailed schedules and phasing plans, including power and data lines/equipment relocations. Serve as the move coordinator.
- Monitors project budgets to identify potential financial overruns and variances; makes appropriate recommendations to facilities management to mitigate against project overruns.
- Initiate and manage all efforts necessary for occupancy of new or renovated facilities.
- Report on project statuses, coordinate construction activity with campus events, and prepare and present financial status reports to senior administrators.
- Work with all departments to implement plans aligned with University guidelines, including scenarios to optimize use of space while meeting business requirements.
- Adhere to University Design Guidelines in space planning and new or renovation of facilities.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2+ years of Project Management and or space planning experience
- Knowledge and familiarity with building systems, codes, ADA requirements
- PMP certified or ability to become PMP certified
- Ability to perform CAD drawings
- Project planning skills.
- Highly proficient in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Proficient in the use of computers and software applications; ability to utilize database applications to pull reports
- Ability to utilize CAD/CAM application to design space/facilities plans.
- Basic mathematical ability to perform review of invoices and review blueprint drawings
- Basic knowledge of all federal, state, and local codes and ordinances pertinent to facilities planning, design, construction, and maintenance.
- Ability to read, understand, follow, and enforce safety procedures.
- Ability to work with sensitive, con?dential information discreetly, ethically, and in accordance with university policies and state policies.
- Demonstrates an ability to communicate well, both orally and in writing, with varied groups and to work effectively with university students, faculty, and staff, as well as with professionals, governmental entities, community groups, and the general public.
- Act collaboratively to solve problems and resolve spontaneous and unique situations with professionalism and service orientation
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
For more information on Grand Canyon University, visit us gcu.edu
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.