Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Remarketing Solutions Team Leader I
at GM Financial
- Requisition ID
- Employee Type
- Full Time-Regular
The Remarketing Solutions Team Leader I leads and develops team members responsible for the processes related to the disposition of repossessed collateral. This position establishes and maintains professional relationships with other departments within the company, as well as external vendors.
- Make and evaluate decisions regarding the disposition of collateral to maximize recoveries that impact the company's financials.
- Ensure the accuracy of operating expenses, as well as expenses related to the disposition of collateral.
- Ensure compliance with state and federal regulations to effectively manage risks associated with the disposition of repossessed collateral.
- Establish and maintain professional relationships within the company and external vendors.
- Monitor service levels of external vendors and communicate results to ensure the company's standards are met.
- Participate in departmental projects including development, scope and the documentation of current and future-state processes, while addressing risks and assumptions, and assisting with requirements, testing, training and implementation.
- Establish and execute strategies and initiatives to optimize individual and department goals.
- Manage workflow and exception reporting for accounts handled by Remarketing Solutions personnel.
- Coach and develop team members by promoting a productive work environment, establishing clear expectations, and monitoring and addressing performance.
- Facilitate the understanding of the link between individual contributions and company performance.
- Provide recommendations regarding personnel decisions including, but not limited to: staffing levels, hiring, recognition, salary increases, performance evaluations, and terminations.
- Identify areas for own personal development and take action to continually improve.
- Collaborate with peers and share best practices.
- Communicate effectively with direct reports, peers and other members of leadership
- Working knowledge of GM Financial's business to evaluate business opportunities and make strategic choices
- Working knowledge of repossession and remarketing procedures
- Working knowledge of state and federal guidelines
- Working knowledge of the Automobile industry
- Understanding of valuing vehicles and scheduling vehicles for sale
- Knowledge of effective leadership, communication and motivational skills
- Working knowledge of GM Financial's core business functions, policies and procedures
- Good organizational skills
- Good attention to detail and a team player
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment in a leadership position
- Ability to use appropriate analysis, judgment and logic when solving problems and making decisions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to interact with all levels of team members and senior management
- Ability to make independent decisions and use sound judgment in relation to the handling of accounts and management of team members
- Ability to create an atmosphere where team members feel free to express concerns and suggestions, while identifying opportunities to improve and align strategic initiatives
- Ability to relate to others, build relationships and constructively interact with a variety of people and situations
- High School Diploma required
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 0-2 Years of leadership experience Preferred
- 2-3 Years of experience working in a finance/auction related industry Preferred
- Normal office environment
- Subject to stressful situations.
- Some travel required.