Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at GM Financial
- Requisition ID
- Employee Type
- Full Time-Regular
- Risk Management / Insurance
The Economist I is responsible for assisting in the data collection and maintenance of data driven models. The Economist I plays a role in the production of research and analysis to quantify the impact of economic, legal and industry factors that affect portfolio performance and asset values. This position is responsible for being the subject matter expert on the used vehicle market. This position is also responsible for summarizing, reporting and providing polished presentations on findings to a variety of internal clients as well as interacting with other departments in the interest of achieving the overall company objectives.
- Assist in analyzing key metrics and performing data analysis
- Support the used vehicle market monitoring process, including detailed analysis of residual value projections, monthly reporting and ad-hoc analysis
- Develop and maintain various databases
- Assist team in preparing residual value meetings
- Build technical knowledge to support research and analytic responsibilities
- Assist in conducting ad-hoc research projects, incorporate project design, data collection and analysis, summarizing findings, developing recommendations and effectively communicating to leadership the impact to the business.
- Ensure that the delivered products meet the business needs of the company.
- Partner with and provide recommendations to business leadership on the appropriate application of economic analysis, market data and predictive analytics to business strategies and effectively communicate risk analysis and implications to senior leadership.
- Ability to identify and understand business issues and map these issues into quantitative questions
- Efficiently work with large datasets
- Ability to design and implement model documentation and monitoring protocols, demonstrated understanding and experience with technical systems, rational datasets, data warehouses, and data analysis techniques
- MS Office required. SAS programming experience preferred.
- Effective written and verbal presentation skills with an ability to communicate well with Senior Management
- Ability to interact collaboratively with internal customers and external vendors
- Capable of managing multiple and varied projects, including the ability to coordinate and balance numerous tasks in a time-sensitive environment, under pressure
- Master's Degree in related field required
- Notmal office environment