Fresquez Concessions Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Prep Cook-Mac's Steak in the Rough-Albuquerque
at Fresquez Concessions Inc.
Summary/Objective: "Doing business with integrity while serving our guests exceptionally."
The Prep-Cook is responsible for assisting the cooks in preparing the food and maintaining a clean cooking environment ensuring our food is prepared to the exact specifications stated and quality expected for safe serving, complying with all applicable sanitation, health, and personal hygiene standards and following established food production programs and procedures. Key responsibilities include but are not limited to set up, preparation of food, clean up, equipment monitoring, sanitation, and ensuring appropriate use of facility supplies and equipment to minimize loss, waste, and fraud.
- Measures ingredients and prepares them in accordance to cook and recipe specifications
- Washes and peels ingredients in order for them to be used in different meals.
- Cuts and portions different types of meat according to specifications.
- Prepares different types of food from the menu, following carefully the recipes.
- Prep for assigned food items. Wash and clean raw food products. Peel, dice, shred, and slice food products using electric equipment and/or kitchen knives. Count all prepped items used checking for quality and proper rotation.
- Stock/restock items on line according to specifications.
- Label, date, rotate and store all items properly.
- Makes stock soups to be used during cooking process.
- Portions the food and prepares the dishes for plating.
- Packages take-away food for clients.
- Places food trays under food warmers, so that the food arrives in good conditions at the table.
- Distributes the plates to be served to the wait staff.
- Keeps track of ingredient quantities and ensures there are always enough for the day/week.
- Stores ingredients in dedicated containers and labeling them, making sure that they are best preserved.
- Cleans and sanitizes the working surfaces, tools, utensils and working area.
- Carefully supervises the food temperature and the temperature from cooling rooms, to ensure that the ingredients kept are kept at the appropriate temperature.
- Swipes the remaining food from plates and puts them in the dishwasher.
Skills and Qualifications:
Organization, Attention to Detail, Thoroughness, Verbal Communication, Ethical Conduct, High Integrity, Personal Responsibility and Initiative, Technical/Mechanical Ability, Safety Conscious, Cleanliness, Teamwork Orientation
- Strong knowledge and understanding of company and FDA standards, processes and procedures.
- Detail oriented.
- Excellent listening skills.
- Team Player - Ability to act in a collaborative manner which contributes to creating an environment of respect and professionalism displayed at all times toward management, co-workers, guests, and vendors.
- Effective organizational and time management skills; able to manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to work under pressure and to be flexible and adept at varying and changing demands.
- Able to work at a fast pace in an effective manner.
- Effective interpersonal communication and interpersonal skills with co-workers including other cooks, servers, and management.
This job operates in a fast-paced restaurant setting and is frequently subjected to heat, steam, fire, and noise. This role routinely uses standard restaurant equipment such as: ovens, cook tops, griddles, deep-fat fryers, grills, microwaves, sharp tools/slicers, as well as other equipment as necessary.
Physical or Environmental Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
This position requires constant standing. All positions may require constant, frequent, or occasional: standing, walking, lifting, sitting, carrying, pushing, pulling, climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, handling, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, repetitive motions, eye/hand/foot coordination. Must be able to lift up to 50lbs.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to high.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
This is an hourly position. Scheduled hours vary by restaurant needs, including necessary adjustments during high and low seasonal changes. Typical days and hours of work for this position are Monday-Sunday 5am-12am (varying shifts). Other days/hours, including holidays, required as needed or assigned.
Required Experience and Skills:
A minimum of one year prep and/or cooking experience required. Restaurant experience preferred.
Knowledge and understanding of relevant food safety and sanitation laws, principles, procedures, and practices.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance:
- Satisfactory completion of a pre-employment drug screening.
- Satisfactory completion of a criminal background check.
- Satisfactory completion of a background check in accordance with the Transportation Security Administration (TSA).
Ability to read, analyze, interpret general business rules and technical procedures.
Ability to clearly and effectively communicate information and respond to questions from management and team members.
Other (Secondary) Responsibilities:
Assist with other restaurant functions including other assigned duties as needed. This may include cook, dishwashing, bussing, maintenance, cashiering, and cleanliness of equipment and facility.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Fresquez, Inc., Fresquez Concessions, Inc., NM Restaurant Investors Inc. DBA Village Inn, and LF Operations, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. It is our policy not to discriminate against any Employee or Applicant. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. The policy of nondiscrimination in employment includes but is not limited to: recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, employment advertising or solicitations, compensation, layoff or termination of employment.