Freedom Financial Network
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Corporate Counsel
at Freedom Financial Network
Freedom Financial Network’s Legal Department seeks an experienced lawyer for an in-house counsel position. Based in San Mateo, California this lawyer will be a part of the legal team, reporting to our Associate General Counsel, supporting Freedom’s loan business. We seek a lawyer with expertise in consumer finance laws and regulations and financial transactions and who has the desire and ability to work on a broad array of legal matters. The ability to work effectively with business leadership and the flexibility to manage a wide range of innovative projects proficiently is essential to this role.
- Provide legal advice and support for Freedom’s consumer loan sourcing business.
- Provide support to Freedom’s fund-management business, including working closely with Freedom’s finance team to support asset-backed securitizations and other financial transactions.
- Work with business partners to review and negotiate a broad array of contracts, including contracts with Freedom’s bank partners and loan investors, vendor contracts and non-disclosure agreements.
- Identify opportunities and lead implementation of changes to Freedom’s policies and procedures in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Deliver legal counsel and expertise on compliance with consumer finance laws and regulations in connection with the development of new products and services, marketing, account servicing and other business matters.
- Partner collaboratively to identify issues and share potential concerns and ideas with team members.
- Provide strategic support for compliance, risk and internal audit groups.
- Monitor the external environment for changing laws and regulations and/or industry standards.
- JD. with excellent academic credential.
- State bar member in good standing.
- At least 4-10 years of legal experience, including foundational training in a national law firm and/or in-house legal department experience.
- Extensive experience drafting and negotiating commercial and/or financial contracts.
- Ability and desire to develop expertise in new or unfamiliar areas of law.
- A business and solution-oriented approach to resolving issues.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and analytic skills.
- Desire to pitch in and to learn new areas of the business and legal practice.
- Propensity to thrive in a fast-paced environment and successfully manage deadlines with limited supervision.
- Comfort in an innovative, test and learn culture.
- Impeccable integrity.
DESIRED EXPERIENCE/ CHARACTERISTICS
- Expertise in consumer finance laws and regulations, including The Fair Lending Act, TILA/Reg. Z, FCRA, FDCPA, SCRA, BSA/AML, EFTA, GLBA and CCPA.
- Experience in supporting sophisticated financial transactions, such as asset-backed securitizations and warehouse financings.
- Familiarity with establishing and managing investment funds.
WHO WE ARE:
Freedom Financial Network is a family of companies that takes a people-first approach to financial services, using technology to empower consumers to overcome debt and create a brighter financial future. The company was founded in 2002 by Brad Stroh and Andrew Housser on the belief that by staying committed to helping people, you can ensure better financial outcomes for both the customer and the business. This Heart + $ philosophy still guides the vision of our growing company, which has helped millions of people find solutions for their financial needs.
What began with 2 people in a spare bedroom has now rapidly expanded to a vibrant business that employs over 2000 employees (known internally as The Freedom Family) in two locations: San Mateo, CA and Tempe, AZ. When you visit either of our offices, you’ll understand why our employees have voted us the Best Place to Work for the last several years. It’s a place where the Heart + $ philosophy continues to thrive, where we believe that success is only achieved by doing what’s right for our customers, our employees, and our communities.