Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
- # of Openings
- Guardian West, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 13th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
Guardian West is seeking applicants for general assembly position in our Urbana, Illinois manufacturing facility. A variety of opportunities are available in this fast paced, stable environment. This is a full time position with competitive wages and benefits.
- Standing continuously on cement floor with intermittent walking to move bumpers or retrieve attachments
- Wash bumpers on tables/ stands or in floor racks
- Retrieving bumpers from racks ranging from floor to 6 feet in height and carrying them to assembly stations
- Retrieve attachments off of racks
- Attaching nuts, brackets, lights, wiring and plastic components to the bumper.
- Use appropriate tools for fastening nuts and hammering bumper attachments with rubber mallet.
- Assemble bumpers, push/ pull racks of bumpers
- Move bumpers from one assembly station to the next as they move thru the assembly process.
- Must be flexible, adaptive and able to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Must have reliable transportation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Ability to coordinate, prioritize and multitask
- Demonstrated flexibility within a fast-paced challenging environment
- Candidates must be at least 18 years old.
- Manufacturing experience (such as labor, or assembly) is preferred but not required.
- Must be able to perform essential functions of job including the following: lift 65 pounds continuously, bend on an occasional to continuous basis, stand long hours, use hands and wrists continuously in controlled movement, receive and follow instructions and use vision in order to identify defects with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Must be able to thrive in a team environment and work independently with minimal supervision.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.