Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Environmental Health and Safety Manager
- # of Openings
- Ventra Sandusky, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 13th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Environmental Health & Safety Manager develops implements and maintains all Environmental, Health and Safety programs for the facility to ensure h safe, healthy and accident-free work environment by performing personally or through direct reports.
- Responsible for environmental management training, job site inspections and reporting
- Acts as Environmental Management Representative (EMR) with issues relating to ISO 14001 elements
- Perform job site environmental compliance inspections including hazard communication, chemical labeling, waste management, spill prevention and storm water pollution prevention through written reports and recommendations
- Responsible for monitoring adherence to the company environmental management program by all Flex-N-Gate employees and subcontractors
- Coordinates emergency response teams on all shifts at facility
- Research, plan, organize and conduct training programs/seminars for Flex-N-Gate supervisors and field employees, with regard to environmental regulatory compliance.
- Coordinate the activities of other environmental compliance personnel within one or more divisions and departments, if appropriate
- Plan, design, develop, implement, and evaluate departmental environmental management programs
- Handles all environmental testing, recordkeeping and submission of reports to local, state or provincial and federal regulators
- Provide advice and counsel to management and other employee groups in the application of effective environmental programs and procedures
- Design environmental management standards to conform to industry standards and federal, state or provincial and local regulations
- Develop and implement complex environmental programs by inspecting or reviewing areas, equipment, processes, and work activities with a focus on continuous improvement of Environmental Management Systems
- Coordinate inspections, investigations, and environmental management activities with departments
- Research environmental management information to assure the best available methods and equipment are adopted to minimize the hazards in the work place
- Advise on improvements in tracking and reporting procedures
- Lead and/or participate on teams with environmental, technical, management, and other team members
- Periodically act as a team leader to special task forces or teams
- Provides direction and/or guidance to less experienced environmental personnel, supervises direct or indirect associates in the department
- Follows ISO 14001 requirements per standard
- Maintain up-to-date environmental regulatory knowledge and stay current with industry trends and best practices
- University Bachelor’s Degree in environmental management, health & safety or related field
- Five years environmental management work experience in a manufacturing environment
- Maintain current waste water and storm water certifications
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of environmental regulations, compliance and reporting
- Thorough understanding of ISO 14001 standard requirements
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Proficiency with database applications and administration systems, specifically Microsoft Office
- Ability to work effectively alone and prioritize
- Must be a highly motivated, service and team-oriented individual with an attention to detail
- Strong analytical ability
- Supervisory and interpersonal skills are required
- Troubleshooting ability is required
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills
- Proven good presentation skills
- Ability to manage & prioritize multiple projects
- Detail orientated
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.