Emerge! Center Against Domestic Abuse
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Emerge! Center Against Domestic Abuse
Full-time & Benefits eligible
Several Shifts Available
Sunday – Thursday 6:00a – 2:30p Bilingual Required
Sunday – Thursday 3:00p – 11:30p Bilingual Required
Sunday – Thursday 5:30p – 2:00a Bilingual Required
Tuesday – Saturday 3:00p – 11:30p Bilingual Required
Tuesday - Thursday 2:00p – 10:30p & Friday and Saturday 5:30p – 2:00a Bilingual Preferred
Emerge Center Against Domestic Abuse provides domestic abuse intervention and prevention services, and is the largest domestic abuse service provider in Southern Arizona.
We’re committed to making our community a safer place for everyone. Join us!
This position provides hotline callers with crisis intervention, safety planning, information and referrals, domestic abuse education and emotional support as appropriate. This position may work at the emergency shelter as requested.
- Provide hotline callers with crisis intervention, safety planning, information and referrals, domestic abuse education and emotional support
- Conduct assessments to determine immediate needs
- Conduct basic mental health screenings and facilitate immediate intervention
- Facilitate services with law enforcement agencies
- Provide information and referrals as appropriate
- Manage and document emergency situations
- Supervise, train and monitor hotline volunteers
- Provide hotline and other support services at the emergency shelter
- Responsible for implementing all programmatic and agency protocols
- Maintain appropriate employee/client boundaries
- Complete and maintain all required documentation
- Attend all scheduled meetings, briefings and required trainings
- Associate degree in Social Services or related field, Bachelor degree preferred
- Two years of experience in Social Services
- or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience
- Trauma related work experience preferred
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) required /preferred based on shift
- Appropriate fingerprint clearance through the Arizona Department of Public Safety
- CPR/First Aid certification
- Valid Arizona Driver License and proof of automobile insurance
(No action is needed to acquire fingerprint clearance or CPR/1st Aid prior to possible employment and Emerge! will cover expenses upon employment.)
- Ability to think critically and general solutions
- Ability to assess potential crisis situations and take appropriate action
- Ability to network efficiently with other agency personnel
- Work effectively as a team member
- Ability to work well independently and be self-motivated
- Effective time management skills
- Excellent written and oral skills
- Highly organized and able to multi-task
- Proficient computer skills including e-mail, calendars, document processing, spreadsheets and databases
- Must be able to sit or stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken word to impart oral information to clients or to the public and to convey detailed spoken instructions to other workers accurately or quickly
- Provide CPR/First Aid
- Must be able to lift up to fifty pounds
Emerge is an equal opportunity employer
To be considered for an open position at Emerge! please submit a fully completed Emerge! application. Your resume with a completed application is welcome.
Instructions for application submission:
To submit via email, download and save the application to your computer BEFORE you complete it, Open the PDF from the location you saved it to on your computer and fill out the PDF. Make sure to save your changes often. Attach the completed application it to your email and send it to email@example.com.
To submit via mail, print completed application and address envelopes to:
Emerge! Center Against Domestic Abuse
2545 E. Adams St.
Tucson, AZ 85716
To submit via fax, print the completed application and fax to 520.795.1559.
Thank you for your interest in Emerge! Center Against Domestic Abuse.