Eastern Plumas Health Care
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Dental Hygienist- Part time
at Eastern Plumas Health Care
Here's an exciting opportunity to be an integral part of the successful growth of our rural hospital by providing your expertise in our state of the art Dental Clinic.
Surrounded by the Sierra Nevada Mountains with beautiful lakes and trails for hiking, biking, fishing and skiing, this facility is thriving and wants a highly motivated, innovative and experienced dental assistant to work along side our on-site dentist to provide excellent care to our community.
We are looking for a skilled dental assistant to join our team of health professionals .
1. Administers prophylactic treatment by the scaling and polishing of teeth.
2. Documents area of existing restorations and notable areas of possible decay and disease for dentist's review. When appropriate, may call in dentist for immediate consultation.
3. Takes x-rays to determine extent of any decay and disease.
4. Administers fluoride treatment as needed.
5. Updates medical history of patient, highlighting significant information for dentist's review.
6. Instructs patients in oral hygiene technique, answering patient questions and providing other Educational information relevant to oral hygiene.
7. Practices universal precautions and other sterilization and infection control procedures, and maintains equipment.
8. Provides associated administrative support, including maintaining patient documentation, patient communication and other record-keeping.
9. Performs related duties as required.
Current Ca RDH license
2+ years of experience
Dental X-Ray certified