EaglePicher Technologies, LLC
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Category Specialist - Locations: Joplin, MO, Dallas, TX, Los Angles, CA, Phoenix, AZ, Boston, MA, Indianapolis, IN
at EaglePicher Technologies, LLC
- Job ID
- # of Openings
Need a driven and detail-oriented Buyer to be responsible for selecting and purchasing quality products and services.
- The Buyer should be analytically minded and possess excellent negotiating skills to secure the best prices according to budget. Knowledge of government procurement requirements is advantageous.
- Ability to work remotely if necessary.
Each Category Specialist is responsible for procurement of quality parts and materials, delivered when required and at a cost most beneficial to EPT.
Responsibilities will include:
- Support production and other departments by communicating any supply problems which may have an impact on business operations.
- Research, select and purchase quality products and materials.
- Build maintain and manage supplier relationship and ensure that a professional and consistent approach is taken.
- Process requisitions and update management on status of orders.
- Act as an interface between suppliers and other relevant departments on purchasing processes and new projects and activities.
- Monitor and advise on any issues which present risk or opportunity to the organization.
- Provide analysis on costs, new and existing and review cost reduction activities.
- Prepare reports and updates as and when required.
- Work closely with others in the procurement function and review opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Review opportunities to make business savings utilizing procurement best practice tools and methods.
- Prepare and raise RFQ/RFP’s, following all government requirements when applicable, including all pertinent government forms and paperwork required.
- Prepare and raise purchase orders, following all government requirements when applicable, including all pertinent government forms and paperwork required.
- Ensure compliance to company guidelines, purchasing policies and procedures are followed.
- Bachelor's Degree in relevant field.
- Relevant experience preferred.
- Excellent computer skills (Excel, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint).
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Occasional domestic travel.