St. Elizabeth Ann Seton School
Job Title: After School Aide Exemption Status: Non- Exempt
Department/Location: St Elizabeth Ann Seton / Tucson, AZ
Primary Function: Under the direction of the school principal is responsible for the care and instruction of pre-kindergarten or kindergarten children.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Shall recognize and support the unique Catholic Mission of the School by speaking, acting, and instructing consistent with the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church. The employee may not espouse any doctrine inconsistent with the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church;
- Shall abide by Catholic principles in the employee’s professional and private life, and shall govern his/her professional and private life in strict accordance with Catholic morals and principles to demonstrate complete adherence to Catholic moral strictures
- Shall give evidence of living Gospel values by being an active member of a faith community and being open to the importance of a personal faith journey; shall strive to model the teaching of Jesus by attitude and example in the coordinator’s professional and private life;
- Develop and Help build the school’s faith community by a demonstrated willingness to participate in and plan school religious and service activities.
- Assist the classroom teacher with student supervision including assisting with lessons and field trip planning and related supervision
- Assist with supervision of parent helpers and compliance with safe environment and other school requirements.
- Assist with the school lunch program and playground supervision as necessary
- Be able to communicate effectively with students; be able to help organize classroom learning and materials and field trips to motivate student learning.
- Consistently and effectively assist in the evaluation of student progress.
- Assist the teacher with a consistent disciplinary approach which promotes self-direction and positive self-image, and motivate learning
- Help to maintain a functional and pleasant learning environment
- At all times demonstrate professional responsibility in all tasks assigned; display sound judgment in dress and general behavior
- Perform other duties as assigned
Physical/Mental Requirements: Requires coordination and manual dexterity, normal mental and visual ability; ability to lift as required in a normal classroom environment
Required Activities: Walking; sitting; standing; stooping; reaching; talking; handling, hearing; carrying; and keyboarding
- A working knowledge of and a strong commitment to the mission of fostering lay leadership in the Catholic Church. If a baptized Catholic, must be a practicing Roman Catholic in full communion with the Church
- Excellent communications skills, written and verbal.
- Excellent human relations and interpersonal skills; must be a self-starter and be well-organized; must be a team player
- Be available for evening and weekend work as necessary
- Be able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Proficiency in the use of computer technology including word processing; ability to maintain confidentiality at all times
- Flexibility in assessing needs and strategies and adapt appropriately in a school environment
- The ability to successfully complete a criminal history and background check
- Professional bearing and clean and neat personal appearance
Education and Experience
- High School Graduate or GED
- Fifteen credit hours in Early Childhood Education, Elementary Education, or the Human Services or three years’ work experience related to the care and instruction of children or equivalent experience.
- Previous classroom experience
Covenants of Employment:
St Elizabeth Ann Seton is a Roman Catholic religious organization and that all employees are expected to respect and conduct themselves in accordance with the values, teachings and morals of the Roman Catholic Church and by Arizona state law. Under the "Zero Tolerance Policy", no one will be knowingly assigned or retained to serve in the School when that person is determined to have engaged in the abuse of a minor or to have violated boundaries in dealing with minors.