Credit Union of Colorado
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director of Administrative Services and Facilities (72663)
at Credit Union of Colorado
General Purpose of the Position
Responsible for planning, organizing, and directing the activities of the Administrative Services / Facilities Department including securing sites for new branches/offices, facility construction and maintenance functions. Provides leadership and direction for all facilities-related strategies, activities and outcomes. Secures bids and negotiates vendor service and supply contracts within prescribed limits. Reviews work and billing. Ensures that supplies, equipment, and services purchased are of acceptable quality at the least possible cost. Develops and implements departmental policies and procedures and modifies as needed. Ensures that facilities and purchasing functions are completed in accordance with established policies and procedures. Oversees related budgeting and controls financial expenditures. Recommends actions regarding larger repairs, remodeling, and construction needs. Develops and maintains relationships with employees and coordinates maintenance activities with organizational leaders. Trains, directs, and appraises department personnel. Ensures that facilities' operations are in compliance with legal regulations including ADA and OSHA.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides leadership and direction in developing a forward-looking facilities strategy. Partners with organizational stakeholders to understand and define current and future organizational space needs.
- Oversees activities necessary in securing sites and the construction of new branches and facilities, remodeling, and building maintenance. Makes recommendations on larger maintenance and remodeling contracts under negotiation.
- Develops and maintains realtor relationships to identify prospective branch/office sites and tenants.
- Coordinates activities of architects, contractors, suppliers, and other vendors.
- Manages and negotiates tenant and facilities leases and tenant buildouts.
- Coordinates the timely and effective completion of maintenance activities. Oversees development of effective preventative maintenance and regular maintenance programs. Establishes job priorities by evaluating project needs, and time and cost constraints.
- Supervises maintenance, repairs, and alterations of buildings, grounds, and equipment. Maintains proper heating, cooling, water, power, plumbing, elevator services, etc., at all times. Ensures that related mechanical equipment operates properly. Provides miscellaneous "hands on" service as needed.
- Ensures that facilities are clean, well maintained, and in good repair. Oversees janitorial services for all locations.
- Assists Security personnel with safety and lighting reviews. Implements recommended actions as appropriate.
- Manages vendor, contractor, and supplier contracts. Obtains bids and arranges for repair and supply contracts within approved limits. Researches vendors to ensure that supplies, equipment, and services are of acceptable quality, competitively priced, and delivered timely. Establishes and maintains updated lists of alternate vendors. Continually evaluates vendors/suppliers and makes formal recommendations as warranted.
- Ensures that ordering processes and related record-keeping and documentation are accurate.
- Ensures that the Credit Union's professional reputation is maintained.
- Provides leadership through effective goal setting, delegation, and communication. Conducts regular staff meetings to ensure that personnel are well informed of changes. Discusses areas needing improvement.
- Interviews, hires, trains, develops, directs, and coordinates personnel. Provides assistance and support as needed.
- Conducts performance appraisals as assigned. Formulates and implements employee corrective actions as needed.
- Keeps the Senior Management informed of any significant problems. Provides recommendations to improve productivity, ensure total quality, and meet financial requirements.
- Attends and participates in meetings and committees as required. As a member of the management team, participates in strategic planning meetings.
- Acts as the Physical Security Officer at the corporate headquarters building.
- Provides excellent service by demonstrating courtesy and personal concern for members’ and co-workers’ needs and follows-up to ensure those needs are met.
- Adheres to all Federal and State laws and regulations applicable to the Credit Union, including the Bank Secrecy Act and OFAC.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; 7 - 10 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience; plus diversified and progressively responsible experience in building/site acquisition and maintenance, property management, project management, budgeting and leasing and purchasing functions.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Understanding of building maintenance, repairs, and construction procedures. Knowledge of Credit Union purchasing and facility needs. Understanding of real estate contracts, transactions and leasing procedures. Complete knowledge of blueprint reading and understanding of all types of architectural drawings. Ability to use sound judgement and discretion in decision making. Knowledge of cleaning methods, materials and practices used in cleaning operations. Knowledge of computerized inventory systems. Thorough understanding of purchasing policies and procedures. Familiarity with sources of vendors and suppliers. Knowledge of ADA and OSHA regulations. Ability to operate standard office machines and PCs. Ability to apply verbal, written and interpersonal skills that develop member and employee confidence, respect and trust in Credit Union of Colorado and foster cooperative relationships with vendors, suppliers and all levels of employees throughout the organization. Current Driver’s License and automobile insurance.
Administrative Services and Facilities Manager; Facilities/Maintenance Service Technician; Administrative Services & Facilities Representative
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is typically required to sit for long periods. The employee continually is required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop and reach with hands and arms. The employee will occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Limited travel required to visit Credit Union locations as needed.
Seeks and uses first-hand member information to improve products and services. Acts with the member in mind. Is never satisfied.
COOPERATION AND TEAMWORK
Can inspire and motivate entire units or organizations. Blends people into teams when needed and leverages individuals’ strengths. Willing to balance support for organizational initiatives over own department needs. Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully.
Conveys a sense of urgency for arriving at a decision, when appropriate. Has an opinion, takes a stand. Is able to build upon others’ ideas and facts to form a better decision.
Seeks opportunities for different and innovative approaches to addressing problems while prioritizing urgent issues. Brings issues to closure. Challenges and supports decisions of direct reports through coaching to the best outcome.
Overcomes procrastination through execution. Places a top priority on getting results.
Embraces and drives change. Assists others through transitioning to a new state. Is self-aware of areas of opportunity and strengths.
Creates an environment that encourages innovative solutions or improvements and fosters experimentation for the benefit of the members. Recognizes and rewards those who take initiative with new approaches and act in a creative manner. Assesses, manages and takes calculated risks to achieve goals. Constantly looks for ways to improve products, processes and infrastructure of the organization to enhance employee and member benefit. Stays abreast of current and future trends both in and outside of industry to forecast and build future business vision including on-going evaluation of future directions and associated risks.
Thinks/plans strategically. Understands the organization’s vision, mission, and goals and can articulate to others. Defines/owns vision/purpose and aligns ideas to inspire others to follow. Looks to the future and adjusts strategic actions and goals based on anticipated future state.
LEADING COURAGEOUSLY THROUGH VISION AND VALUES
Makes decisions and acts in ways consistent with our core values; demonstrates the courage to do what is right despite personal risk or discomfort. Challenges others to make tough choices. Communicates a compelling and inspired vision or sense of core purpose and makes the vision sharable by everyone.
MARKET KNOWLEDGE & COMPETITIVE MINDSET
Knows the basics of the market and business context. Aware of local and national competitors. Understands the similarities and differences of our business model to other financial institutions. Brings forth ideas to keep our business competitive.
Fosters an environment that encourages fiscal responsibility. Maintains and applies a general understanding of financial management principles to ensure decisions are fiscally sound and responsible. Prepares and manages the budget for area of responsibility. Uses cost-benefit thinking to align priorities. Identifies cost effective approaches. Brings forward any financial concerns to the attention of Senior Management.