Credit Union of Colorado
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Card Services Representative (70745)
at Credit Union of Colorado
General Purpose of the Position:
Compiles, verifies and files records and forms to control issuing, blocking, or renewal of VISA debit and VISA credit cards. Requires interfacing with members and employees to resolve problems and disputes for the VISA debit, VISA credit card and ATM programs by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. May perform other duties as requested or assigned.
- Initiates appropriate dispute per VISA regulations on behalf of members through online processor.
- Process ATM adjustments for members and non-members using CUOFCO ATMs. This includes return items and network settlement adjustments.
- Answers non-routine member questions on billing disputes and finance charges.
- Acts as primary source of information and support for other departments and branches on issues regarding Card Services. Assists branches and related departments as needed. Answers questions and resolves problems as needed.
- Performs on-line adjustments and maintenance of accounts.
- Assists with issue and reissue of cards and Personal Identification Numbers (PIN’s).
- Provides excellent service by demonstrating courtesy and personal concern for members and co-workers needs and follows-up to ensure those needs are met.
- Adhere to all Federal and State laws and regulations applicable to the credit union, including the Bank Secrecy Act and OFAC.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Visa regulations, ATM adjustment and cardholder dispute/chargeback knowledge required
- Strong written communication required
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to handle competing demands and various daily deadlines
- Ability to operate standard office machines, PC and CRT. Knowledge of VISA regulations, Regulation Z, Regulation E and Regulation CC.
- Ability to apply oral and interpersonal skills that develop member confidence, respect and trust in Credit Union of Colorado and develop cooperative relationships with all levels of people throughout the organization.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is typically required to sit for long periods. The employee continually is required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop and reach with hands and arms. The employee will occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Creates trust by building relationships and actively discovers the right solutions for Members and peers; understands that the credit union exists as a result of Member trust and loyalty in the organization and employees; is passionate and dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external Members.
COOPERATION AND TEAMWORK
Relates well to all kinds of people; builds appropriate rapport; works harmoniously with others; uses and understands diplomacy and tact; encourages collaboration; seeks opinions; is candid with peers; values working relationships. Readily puts in extra effort to accomplish important tasks
Understands the member’s best interest is first; demonstrates decisions which are based on creating the best possible outcome for the member; makes decisions based on a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment; most recommendations and decisions turn out to be correct and accurate when judged over time; sought out by others for advice and solutions.
Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems creating effective solutions; is resilient and will own the solution and the problem; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answers.
Pushes self and others to achieve the best possible results for the Member, organization and employees; proactively seeks out opportunities; raises hand, rather than waits to be asked; not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning; understands that it’s OK to make a mistake (fail forward).
Learns on the fly; is a relentless, versatile and an active learner; open to change; can learn new skills and knowledge; analyzes both successes and failures for opportunities to improve; understands that different situations and levels may call for different skills and approaches; works to deploy strengths; works on compensating for weaknesses and limits.
A cultural mindset that supports new ideas, fosters experimentation and drives continuous improvement to deliver member value.
Combines and brings forward ideas in unique ways to make connections between disparate ideas; willingness to explore different lines of thought and suggestions and try new ideas through experimentation, views situations from multiple perspectives; brainstorms multiple approaches/solutions to benefit members.
We are an EEO Employer