Chicanos Por La Causa, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Shelter Program Manager
at Chicanos Por La Causa, Inc.
The Shelter Program Manager is responsible for providing oversight and leadership to the De Colores Shelter program by ensuring contract compliance, managing the shelter budget, maintaining and growing community partnerships and creating a trauma informed environment. This position will also directly supervise the support services team.
* Bachelor’s degree or equivalent direct work experience required.
* Master’s degree preferred.
* Previous supervisory experience required.
* Previous program management experience preferred.
* Must understand the principles of trauma informed care.
* Must be able to work with families who have experienced domestic violence and homelessness.
* Experience providing case management services in a crisis environment
* Ability to work in an active environment
* Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
* Must have current driver’s license
* Must have current Fingerprint Clearance Card or ability to have within 60 days of employment
* Must be able to work a flexible schedule
* Must pass a background screening prior to start
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND COMPETENCIES
1.Provide leadership and supervision to the entire shelter program.
2.Provide oversight of grant compliance; grant reporting and appropriate grant spending
3.Provide individual and group supervision to the Support Services team.
4.Ensure compliance and completion of charts and documentation by all staff members, by conducting periodical audits.
5.Maintain and develop community contacts and partnerships to ensure success and support for all De Colores clients and the program.
6.Ensure completion of assessments on all clients on team members assigned caseloads.
7.Ensure that team members are providing appropriate support and assistance through individual case management, legal advocacy, family support and educational groups.
8.Collaborate with team members to promote a multi-disciplinary team concept of client care
9.Participate in CPLC leadership meetings, activities and events, to be a De Colores ambassador to CPLC as a whole.
10.Performs other related duties as assigned or requested
Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing. Provide strength based supervision to all staff members. Provide ethical and trauma informed care in all interactions with clients and staff. Able to work in an active environment with clientele that require special attention.
Employee is expected to participate in continuous learning, competency building, and maintenance of case management and crisis intervention skills.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS
Work is performed in structured environments.
Reports to and is supervised directly by the Director. Employee is accountable for understanding and complying with CPLC policies and procedures.