Chicanos Por La Causa, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Chicanos Por La Causa, Inc.
Location: 630 W. Main St., Mesa, AZ 85201
Responsible for helping to achieve ongoing guest satisfaction and team goals through the maintenance and upkeep, cleanliness of rooms.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility in a safe and satisfactory manner, and the individual must be punctual and have a good attendance record, and have reliable means of transportation to work. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. To understand all standards of room/suite cleanliness.
2. To consistently clean assigned rooms/suites to the standards of cleanliness for the Brand as well as Island Hospitality.
3. Maintaining shelf organization in the storerooms.
4. Replenishing storeroom supplies.?
5. Removing trash and dirty linens from rooms/suites.
6. Sweeping and vacuuming floors.
7. Reporting maintenance problems or completing work repair orders.
8. Spot cleaning walls, carpets, light fixtures, etc.
9. Additional duties may be assigned.?
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
·Absent extraordinary prior on-the-job experience, the Room Attendant position requires a High School diploma or general education degree (GED) and preferably either a two year business degree or a four year business or liberal arts degree (or equivalent combination of education and experience).?
· Requires an occupationally-significant combination of vocational education, apprentice training, on-the- job training, and essential experience in less responsible hotel skill level and management positions.
Room Attendant must have developed language skills to the point to be able to:?
·Read and interpret documents in English such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals, newspapers, periodicals, journals, and manuals.?
·Write routine reports, correspondence, business letters, summaries, and reports in English using prescribed format, and conforming to all rules of punctuation, grammar, diction, and style.?
·Ability to speak effectively in English before groups such as customers or employees.
Room Attendant must have sufficient computer skills that will allow them to be able to use, in a proficient manner, all Company-issued software programs implemented at the hotel, including but not limited to the following:
· Microsoft Word
· Microsoft Excel
· Property Management System (PMS) programs
· Company-issued internet browser programs
· Company-issued electronic mail programs
NOTE: Company-issued software programs implemented at a particular hotel may be changed from time to?time; the Courtesy Van Driver is required to learn the new programs and upgrades as soon as practicable after such items are provided to the hotel.
Room Attendant must have developed reasoning abilities to the point to be able to:
· Apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
· Use mathematical skills to interpret financial information and negotiate terms.
· Read and interpret business records, statistical reports and contracts.
· Make business decisions based on production reports and similar facts, as well as on your own experience and personal opinions in the best interest of the hotel.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The employee must be able to see differences in widths and lengths of lines such as those on graphs. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
·Must be able to work effectively in a stressful environment, communicate well with others, effectively deal with guests, and accept constructive criticism from supervisors.?
·Must be able to change activity frequently and cope with interruptions.
·Must have a reliable transportation.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Essential functions of this job are described under the headings above. The job requirements and features are subject to change from time to time due to the then-current needs and requirements of the Company and/or the hotel.