County of Bernalillo
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Parks and Recreation Leader
at County of Bernalillo
- Position Summary & Duties Responsible
Under general supervision of the assigned supervisor will lead the Recreational Aides in all phases of recreational activities at the assigned site. Will be responsible for inclusion activities. This position requires participation in basic first aid; cardiopulmonary resuscitation, (CPR) and automated external defibrillator, (AED) skills training.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead and organize recreational sports, activities, special events and arts and crafts projects at assigned locations.
- Lead and assist in developing, scheduling and implementing recreational programs, which meet the needs and interests of various age groups and participants with variable physical capabilities.
- Provide recommendations to supervisor for program changes and innovation.
- Responsible for enforcing rules of a community facility and or at program site.
- Schedule activities and arrange for use of a recreational facility in cooperation with assigned supervisor.
- Responsible for maintenance duties which includes but is not limited to: setting up indoor and outdoor areas for program use.
- Lead and assist inclusion participants with activities.
- Responsible for monetary transactions when assigned for site(s).
- Assist in maintaining daily reports of transactions as when assigned.
- Perform clerical duties as required.
*The above information on this job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties and responsibilities required of all employees assigned to this job.
- Minimum Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED or currently enrolled in a high school program and be a minimum of sixteen (16) years of age. One (1) to three (3) months work experience and/or volunteer experience working with children of various age groups.
- Must have the ability to read, write and communicate with others in English.
- Must have the ability to communicate and maintain effective working relationships with staff, participants and the general public.
- Must have the ability to organize, control and instruct groups of individuals engaged in recreational activities.
- Must have the ability to work under the conditions and with the equipment described.
- Supplemental Information
Screening and Compliance
The offer of this Bernalillo County position requires compliance with the following:
- Employee must successfully complete the post-offer employment medical examination and background investigation.
- Employee must comply with the safety guidelines of the County.
- Employee must participate in basic first aid; cardiopulmonary resuscitation, (CPR) and automated external defibrillator, (AED) skills training.
- Works with general direction and with select groups.
- Work performed both indoors (60%) and outdoors (40%).
- Worker will be exposed to natural weather conditions when working outdoors.
- Duties will be performed on sand, gravel, asphalt, grass, wood floors and tile, all of which may be wet or dry.
- Required to work variable hours.
- Work hazards are those normally encountered in the instruction or participation in sports activities.
- May be required to drive multi-passenger vehicles as needed if licensed and cleared through County processes.
Equipment, Tools and Materials
- Sports equipment such as used in baseball, basketball, football, soccer, tennis, etc., and various arts and crafts supplies are utilized in the performance of essential duties.
- Equipment and materials typically used in the performance of clerical duties include telephone, computer, copier and basic office supplies.
- Equipment typically used in performance of maintenance duties includes mops, brooms, buffer, cleaning supplies, solutions and equipment.
COUNTY OF BERNALILLO IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER