Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Tool Room Toolmaker II
at Click Bond
Job Reference #: 1334
Site : LocationUS-CT-Watertown
- FLSA Status
- Regular Full-Time
- 1st Shift
- Builds transfer press tooling, inspection gages and special fixtures for transfer and progressive metal working machines and secondary department machines.
- Build Punches, Dies and other transfer press tooling, inspection gages and special fixtures for transfer and progressive metal working machines and secondary department machines.
- Build steel and carbide tooling with some supervision.
- Effectively use all Tool Room tools and equipment such as lathes, mills, grinders, saws, drill presses, polishers, hardening, tempering, and the like, as well as all special attachments to above equipment.
- Will be required to work to tight tolerances
- Acquire a good knowledge of the functions and workability of tool steels and production materials.
- Make suggestions for changes in methods to improve operations.
- Keep all necessary records and make out all necessary forms.
- Store and retrieve plant tools, records, and drawings according to procedure.
- Adhere to all safety regulations.
- Keep machines and work area neat, clean and orderly.
- Use care in operation of all machine tools and attachments so equipment can produce accurate quality work.
- Must be able to read and interpret sketches and ordinary mechanical drawings.
- Must perform to the specified work of production and quality standards for the assigned job.
- Perform proper handling and labeling of hazardous materials and wastes, as directed by supervisor. This includes performing required Hazardous Waste (and PPC) Site Inspections and meeting spill response objectives.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- Ability to read, write, speak and comprehend the English language.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide, and calculate percentages; apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to operate a keyboard and perform basic computer functions.
Education and/or Experience
- High School Diploma or GED, 2 years of vocational training preferred and,
- Completion of Toolmaker apprenticeship program and 2-5 years of tool making experience.
- Knowledge of manufacturing process necessary in making complex tooling and equipment
Click Bond Way - Key Attributes
- Communicates respectfully to all team members, vendors, and visitors.
- Models a positive attitude.
- Actively listens to others and supports the team environment.
- Asks questions and learns from mistakes.
- Executes tasks with minimal errors in a timely and efficient manner.
- Attendance is consistent and meets or exceeds company standards.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!