City of Phoenix
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Bus Rapid Transit Administrator (Special Projects Administrator)
at City of Phoenix
ABOUT THIS POSITION
The Public Transit Department seeks a results-oriented, proactive and responsive manager to coordinate and administer the city’s Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) program and provide planning and oversight for multiple future BRT routes as outlined in the city’s Transportation 2050 program. Duties include advising City management and elected officials on BRT program needs and developing short- and long-term recommendations; authorizing expenditures and project changes or additions that impact the program budget; leading extensive community outreach and public communication; and managing multiple transportation planning services consultant agreements dedicated to the BRT program. Work also involves making policy recommendations and serving as a liaison to the community and local and regional transportation agencies, and ongoing coordination with staff in several City departments. This position reports directly to the Public Transit Director.
This recruitment may be used by any department for any current or future vacancies over the life of the eligible list.
Recruitment closes May 28, 2019. All materials must be received by 11:59 p.m. on this date.
Up to $113,298 annually. Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications. The City contributes 8.5% of salary into 457/401(a) plans with no matching required. $3,360/annual car allowance and $1,200/annual cell phone allowance.
A comprehensive Middle Manager benefits package is offered which includes:
Traditional pension with employer and employee contributions; choice of medical HMO, PPO, HSA; wellness incentive of up to $720 annually; dental; vision; life insurance; long-term disability; medical enrollment includes a monthly $150 City contribution to a Post-Employment Health Plan; bus/light rail pass; tuition reimbursement; paid time off includes 11.5 paid holidays, 12 vacation days, 15 sick days. For more details, visit: Middle Manager Benefits.
- Five years of progressively responsible experience in public administration and research or construction management,
- Bachelor's degree in public or business administration, government management, architecture, engineering, or a related field.
- An equivalent combination of related experience and education may be considered.
- The City job description can be found here.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS - The job requirements listed above, plus:
- Experience orking on projects with extensive community outreach and involvement
- Experience working with elected officials, senior management, and community groups
- Experience managing multi-million-dollar capital improvement projects
- Knowledge of research techniques, methods and procedures
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online by completing the required information and attaching, as one document, your cover letter and resume. Please include your experience as it relates to the qualifications stated above. Only the highest qualified may be posted to the eligible to hire list.
During the online application process, please be advised that you will need to provide responses to the following open-ended questions (the system allows copying/pasting into the answer fields):
- Describe your experience working on projects with extensive community outreach and involvement
- Describe your experience working with elected officials, senior management, and community groups.
- Describe the scope and budget of the capital improvement projects you have worked on.
- Describe how you have worked collaboratively with multiple departments or agencies on complex projects or issues.
- Describe your experience with transportation-related project or program management.
- Describe your experience with contract and consultant management, including the review and implementation of professional consultant program recommendations
- Explain your knowledge of research techniques, methods and procedures
YOUR COVER LETTER
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- All finalists for positions are subject to a criminal background check applicable to the department or position.
- For other important information related to employment with the City of Phoenix, please click here.
- Link to All City of Phoenix Employment Opportunities
- If you need assistance applying for this job, please contact our HR Connection Center at (602) 495-5700
Special Projects Administrator, JC: 08610, ID# 31864, 05/01/2019, 6 mos, SS, Benefits: Mid Mgr
City of Phoenix employees commit to Work Smart, Be Kind, Spend Wisely.
City of Phoenix is an equal opportunity employer. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni who meet the required qualifications are encouraged to apply.