City of Aurora
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Council/Mayor Management Analyst
at City of Aurora
Pay: $27.18 to $33.27/hour
$27.18 - $33.27
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 2581752
Overall Job Objective
- Summary of Job Duties
- The Council/Mayor Management Analyst performs a variety of analytical, policy research, reporting and administrative functions for the Mayor and/or City Council.The City
The City of Aurora is governed by a council/manager form of government. This structure provides a balanced approach--combining the political leadership of elected officials with the managerial expertise of a professionally trained local government manager. Council members are the policymakers, elected by popular vote. They focus their attention on Aurora's goals, major projects, setting policy, and long-term considerations such as land use development, capital financing, and strategic planning.
The City of Aurora is pleased to offer:
- Additional advancement opportunities are available through Career Progressions and Promotions
- Training assistance through our online Learning Management System as well as a Tuition Assistance Program
- Competitive total compensation package
- Well-Funded General Employees Retirement Plan
- Light rail station minutes away
- On-site fitness center and wellness programs
The City takes pride in seeing our employees succeed. Join us for a career, not just a job.
It is an exciting time to work for the City of Aurora, we're growing and looking for dedicated and collaborative individuals to join our team of talented and valued employees. Excellent organizations have a set of principles, or core values, that are used to implement their mission and vision. Those values represent the touchstone for the organization, guiding the decisions of the individuals and the organization. At the City of Aurora, we demonstrate our excellence by modeling the CORE 4 Values of: Integrity, Respect, Professionalism, and Customer Service, and we welcome all who share these values to apply.
The City of Aurora will conduct ongoing screenings of applications on a first-come, first-serve basis; as soon as we determine to have a qualified pool of applicants, this position may close quickly and without notice.
- PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Researches, analyzes, develops, and recommends policies and processes at the direction of the Mayor and/or Council
- Researches, analyzes, and prepares recommendations on various topics and projects
- Interacts with the Council and/or Mayor, consultants, outside agencies and city staff in developing reports and research information
- Completes assignments from the Mayor and/or Council on a variety of issues
- Assists Council members and/or the Mayor in resolving constituent issues
- Makes presentations to Council and/or the Mayor, constituent groups and community organizations as assigned
- Develops and administers the budgets for the Mayor and City Council
- Performs other duties as assigned
- MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's Degree in public administration, business administration, accounting, or related analytical field
- Four (4) years progressively responsible experience in areas such as policy research and development, financial analysis, complex report writing and making presentations including complex spreadsheet and database development
- Municipal or county government experience preferred
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of policy research, development, and analysis
- Financial analysis and reporting
- The use of personal computers, and related word processing, spreadsheet, database, and presentation software applications
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with elected officials, city management, employees and citizens
- Handle sensitive situations with tact and diplomacy
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Establish and fulfill goals and objectives
- Prepare and deliver presentations
- Work independently or in teams to complete assignments
Licenses and/or Certificates:
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, verbal, presentation and written communication skills
- Advanced skill in the use of a computer including PowerPoint, spreadsheet design, database management, word processing, and/or statistical software applications
- Colorado Driver's License with a good driving history
- WORKING CONDITIONS
- Physical Demands:
- Sedentary physical work requiring the ability to lift a maximum of 10 pounds
- Occasional lifting, carrying, walking, and standing
- Vision for reading, interpreting reports, and preparation of data analysis
- Hand/eye coordination for operation of a computer
- Speech communication and hearing to maintain communication with employees, and citizens
- Works in a clean, comfortable environment
- Standard business and professional tools and equipment including computer and peripheral equipment
- This position may require the incumbent to occasionally use personal equipment (e.g. vehicle, cell phone, tools, etc.) in the course of their employment
For Veterans preference: Please show all of your employment history, including military service and attach related documentation (DD214) on the application.
The City of Aurora is an equal opportunity employer. We are required by state and federal agencies to keep certain statistical records on applicants. It will not be used in any way to discriminate against you because of your sex, race, age, sexual orientation, creed, national origin, disability or military status, gender identity, unless related to a bona fide occupational qualification as defined by the Colorado Civil Rights Commission and the Equal Opportunity Commission.
If you need assistance in completing this application, please feel free to contact our office at: 303-739-7225 or visit us at 15151 E Alameda Pkwy., Suite 3500, Aurora, CO 80012.
Despite the changes in Colorado law, the City of Aurora maintains a drug-free workplace. A positive test of marijuana is grounds for disqualification and ineligibility for employment with the city for one year or termination once hired.
Drug Testing, Thorough Criminal Background Check, and Employment References:
As a condition of employment, all applicants selected for employment with the City of Aurora must undergo a thorough criminal background check and drug screening. Employment references will be conducted on finalists for City of Aurora vacancies.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!