Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Unit Staff Assistant
Company Summary: ChildNet, Inc. is a private, not-for-profit community-based care (CBC) agency servicing Broward and Palm Beach County. We are contracted with the State of Florida, Department of Children and Families, to provide case management support to abused, abandoned, and neglected children. ChildNet is nationally accredited by the Council on Accreditation (COA) and employs over 450 staff at its location in Ft Lauderdale and West Palm Beach, Florida.
Job Summary: This position assists Child Advocates (CA's), e.g., maintenance and filing of case records, establishes unit schedules, writes referrals, follow up with providers to obtain reports.
Responsibilities: This job description is not all-inclusive and employees are expected to perform all other duties as assigned and directed by management. Job descriptions and duties may be modified when deemed appropriate by management. The list of essential functions, as outlined herein, is intended to be representative of the tasks performed within this classification. It is not necessarily descriptive of any one position in the class. The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assigning duties not listed herein.
- Assist CA with various forms required of assigned unit, e.g. education report card, CFR's, Salmon forms, HIPAA forms, unit minute meetings, logs, background screening forms, express mail services, etc.
- Complete meeting minutes for unit and all staff meetings.
- Tracks updates for Medical/Dental/immunization follow up, child visitation and assists with transportation schedule.
- Assist CA with entering information in the SAQWIS system, e.g. medical/dental/immunization appointments and educational report card.
- Develops, maintains and schedules VPS, reunification and any other necessary staffing's.
- Assists with and responds to inquiries regarding unit functions; provides resolution or directs to appropriate resources.
- Screens incoming calls, conducts follow up phone calls and emails.
- Performs routine to moderately complex clerical tasks requiring use of standard automated office systems, e.g. computers, telephones, facsimile machines, photocopiers, calculators, adding machines and filing.
- Recognize, respect and respond to the unique, culturally-defined needs of others served.
The items listed above are intended to provide an overview of the essential functions of the job.This is not an exhaustive list of all functions and responsibilities that the position may be required to provide.
Skill / Requirements
* Requires an Associates Degree or higher in the human services and/or social work field and/or related filed.
* Two (2) or more years of experience in human services and/or social work field.
* Must be proficient in all Microsoft applications.
* Possess excellent organizational skills, written and verbal communication.
* Possession of a valid Florida driver-s license without any restrictions/citations that would affect job performance and reliable transportation.
* Able and willing to work with a diverse client community.
Written Communication: The ability to express one's self clearly in business writing.
Cultural Competence: Cultivates opportunities through diverse people; respects and relates well to people from varied backgrounds, understands diverse views, and is sensitive to group differences; sees diversity as an opportunity, challenges bias and intolerance.
Personal Credibility: Demonstrated concern that one be perceived as responsible, reliable and trustworthy.
Results Orientation: The ability to focus on the desired result of one's own or one's unit's work, setting challenging goals, focusing efforts on the goas, and meeting or exceeding them.
Flexibility: Openness to different and new ways of doing things; willingness to modify one's preferred way of doing things.
ChildNet is committed to equal employment opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, sex, age, religion, color, disability, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, genetic information, marital status, veterans status or military service obligation, medical condition, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression and any other status protected by applicable law. Including Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act, and CFOP 60-10, Chapter 4. ChildNet is also a Drug-Free Workplace (DFWP).