Cartwright School District #83
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
2020-2021 Administrator Principal
at Cartwright School District #83
January 27, 2020
(A pool of finalists will be established for positions available during the 2020-2021 school year.)
JOB GOAL: To provide instructional leadership and ensure the educational development and well-being of students.
- Current Arizona Principal Certificate at time of application
- Minimum of five (5) years successful classroom teaching experience in a multicultural setting preferred
- Evidence of being a life-long learner
- Demonstrated ability to provide instructional leadership
- Demonstrated administrative skills and leadership ability
- Demonstrated ability to assess student learning
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize school issues
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems
- Demonstrated ability to communicate in oral and written form
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable
REPORTS TO: Superintendent and Executive Director of School Leadership
SUPERVISES: Site certified and classified staff
EDUCATIONAL LEADER'S RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and support intellectually rigorous and coherent systems of curriculum, instruction and assessment to promote each student's academic success and well-being.
- Establishes goals based on student achievement data, and implements strategies, which include Visible Learning goal setting for students, and uses multiple assessments to measure if students' are making one year's growth or more.
- Uses the walkthrough process to engage in two-way communication and collaboration with teachers to promote continuous improvement.
- Establishes an expectation that all staff will cultivate an inclusive, caring and supportive community that supports the academic success and well-being of each student.
- Assigns staff to positions that will best meet the learning needs of all students.
- Selects, trains, supervises and evaluates all personnel assigned to the school.
- Engage families and the community in meaningful, reciprocal, and mutually beneficial ways to promote each other's student's academic success and well-being.
- Addresses parent/community concerns in an expedient and professional manner.
- Participates in community, school and district meetings, as appropriate or assigned.
- Supervises the operation of the buildings, grounds and other school property for the protection of those facilities and the safety of those who use them.
- Works with the district to coordinate multiple school activities, informs the Superintendent's office of any school-wide community events.
- Establishes a leadership model that promotes participation of teachers, parents, and support staff in school improvement strategies.
- Through the use of data pertinent to his/her school’s improvement plan, provides (as requested) an effectiveness assessment of improvement efforts to the Superintendent or his designee.
- Informs all staff and parents continuously on the goals and objectives of District Strategic Plan.
- Assumes responsibility and accountability for sound fiscal management and submits a yearly budget to the Superintendent or his designee.
- Assumes responsibility for school compliance with Governing Board policies and state and federal laws.
- Keeps the Superintendent and other appropriate administrative staff informed of school issues.
- Acts ethically and professionally in personal conduct, relationships with others, decision-making, stewardship of the school's resources, and all aspects of school leadership.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- Works with school improvement team to create school goals based on data, monitors goals, design a professional development plan aligned to walk throughs, including job-embedded coaching, which promotes adult learning.
- Articulate, advocate, and cultivate core values that define the school's culture and stress the importance of child-centered education; high expectations and student support; equity, inclusiveness, and social justice; openness, caring, and trust; and continuous improvement.
- Create a culture in which all stakeholders place students at the center of education and accept responsibility of each student's academic success and well-being.
- Familiar with and practices Arizona's Administrator's Standards for School Leaders.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Employment year is twelve months. Salary and fringe benefits as approved by the Governing Board.
Candidates must submit the following to Human Resources:
- External candidates should complete an on-line Administrative application and attached required documents below:
- A copy of a current Arizona Principal Certificate
- A letter of interest
- A written statement of your philosophy of education
- A current Professional résumé
- A minimum of three recent letters of recommendations
- A current Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card or proof of application for an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card
*Internal candidates presently serving in an Assistant Principal or Principal position are required only to submit:
- An on-line Internal Certified Employee application
- A copy of a current Arizona Principal Certificate
- Current professional résumé
- Current AZ Fingerprint Clearance Card or proof of application
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: Friday, February 21, 2020 @ 4:00pm
Or Until Filled
Cartwright School District
Haidee Ruiz, Human Resources
Job Contact Information
Monday, January 27, 2020 12:00 AM -
Friday, February 21, 2020 11:59 PM
(Mountain Standard Time)