Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Material Handler (Forklift Operator) 1st Shift Riverside, CA
at Carpenter Co.
Carpenter Co. has an immediate opening for a 1st shift Material Handler in the Pouring Department at our Riverside, California manufacturing plant. This position is responsible for efficient and safe transporting of unfinished and/or finished product or material by use of equipment, machines, computers and paperwork.
Carpenter Co. employees are committed to working hard to ensure production goals are met while maintaining operational excellence. The Material Handler will be expected to communicate with the department supervisor, department operators and production personnel involving the need to transport supplies and finished product(s). This position is also responsible for maintaining a well-organized storage area that is safely stacked and properly labeled to achieve the necessary results to meet production and shipping schedules. The Material Handler works in a chemical manufacturing environment with exposure to chemical fumes, temperature changes and weather.
Additional responsibilities of the Material Handler will include:
- Operate powered industrial trucks to pick up, move, or load material in support of Pouring operations, as necessary, from production area and from the unloading docks.
- Pull raw/finished materials from inventory/stock area.
- Follow the Pouring department layout plan for proper storage locations.
- Perform housekeeping on equipment and surrounding work area.
- Perform weekly/monthly inventory, as required by location.
Skills and Requirements
- A high school diploma or GED
- Able to read and completely understand the chemical labeling process.
- Prior experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Prior forklift experience.
- Ability to work flexible hours and overtime.
- Must have basic reading, writing, and math skills.
- Must take and pass a pulmonary test on an annual basis.
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Carpenter Co. conducts pre-employment drug testing on all applicants that receive and accept a written offer of employment.