Boulder Valley School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
School Support Assistant / Health Room Paraeducator
at Boulder Valley School District
Job Reference #: 53808
- School Support Assistant / Health Room Paraeducator JobID: 53808
- Position Type:
Horizons K-8 Charter
- Date Posted:
952-Horizons K-8 School
- Date Available:
As Soon As Possible
- Closing Date:
4545 Sioux Dr.
Horizons K-8 School
Job Vacancy: Health Room / School Support Assistant
Effective date of hire: October/November, 2020
Horizons K-8 School, a charter school located in south Boulder, has a rich history of academic excellence. The Horizons community takes great pride in attending to the whole child through an atmosphere of respect, responsibility, safety and kindness throughout the school. A consistently high-performing school, Horizons emphasizes multi-age groupings, diverse perspectives, full inclusion, service learning, teacher-guided student choice, community building, authentic and active learning experiences, outdoor education, use of technology, and project-based instruction. Our 348 students are in classes of 18-20 guided by an exemplary group of teacher leaders. The school is governed through a horizontal structure that includes faculty, staff, parents and administration. Portfolio-based assessments and reflections, along with student-led conferences, replace traditional report cards and grades. Our mission is to guide students to become self-directed learners and community contributors in a respectful learning environment. At Horizons K-8 School we strive to make our school an exciting, inclusive place to work, teach, learn, create, and innovate by actively fostering a respectful and responsible environment where
all community members - staff, students and families - are included.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The following statements of duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. These statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities required of this position.
Job Tasks Descriptions
Health Room Para:
- Maintain all health records, physical and electronic, for students, including log of daily health room visits. Provide reports and care as required for accidents, head injuries, infectious diseases, diabetes protocol, Medicaid, etc.
- Administer first aid consistent with district training and emergency care guidelines.
- Administer medication as delegated by the School Nurse Consultant and according to district policy following established protocol and guidelines. Maintain storage, security and administrative records.
- Contact 911, ERT and/or principal in case of major illness or serious injury. Contact parent/guardian or emergency contact for ill or injured students in accordance with district and school policy.
- Manage school health room. Maintain and order supplies. Maintain equipment. Organize manuals and update as needed.
- Carry out nursing procedures for individual students as delegated by the School Nurse Consultant. Maintain and implement Care Plans including substitute and field trip plans. Attend training as needed for significant health conditions.
- Implement immunization law, including compliance determination, notification of noncompliance and maintenance of immunization records.
- Work with building Emergency Response Team (ERT) and maintain ERT supplies.
- Manage nuisance disease control (head lice, ringworm, and impetigo) according to protocol.
- Coordinate health screenings at the building level. Include volunteer recruitment and data recording.
- Obtain and maintain certification in First Aid, CPR, AED, and medication delegations. Attend trainings as required.
- Maintain classroom recess packs and crisis backpacks
- Prepare Significant Health Condition Reports as needed (master for principal and as needed for field trips, etc.)
- Proficient in use of PC, Mac, Google Applications, and Microsoft Suite
- Collect and log attendance
- Make copies as needed
- Maintaining student and office files (including but not limited to cleaning schedules, drivers forms, volunteer forms, permission slips)
- Daily communication (messages to students, teachers, etc)
- School/office materials inventory and ordering.
- Use of multi- purpose Ricoh machines
- Interface with teachers and committees regarding space needs and calendar management.
- Work with mail and package delivery.
- Know and keep records when students leave building, and when visitors arrive, maintaining
- Carry on front office duties in the event that office manager is off site or involved in meetings, etc.
- High school diploma. Courses in CPR, American Red Cross First Aid, medication training, and training for delegated nursing procedures all preferred (must be completed within 60 working days)
- Criminal background checks and reference checks required for hire
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Advanced oral and written communication skills. Intermediate English language skills
- Intermediate math and accounting skills, personal computer, keyboarding, and word processing skills
- Advanced customer service and public relation skills
- Advanced critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Advanced organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, multiple tasks with frequent interruptions
- Ability to diffuse and manage volatile and stressful situations
- Ability and willingness to have medical contact with and provide physical care for students
- Ability and willingness to provide basic janitorial services in health room
- Knowledge of First Aid and CPR procedures and medication protocol
Salary: Commensurate with experience and position on the Horizons K-8 Paraprofessional Salary Schedule which can be found via the Horizons K-8 website. This is a part-time, benefited position at 35 hours per week.
To Apply: Complete application at https://jobs.bvsd.org/
Contact: Mr. Lucas Ketzer, Head of School: email@example.com
Applications are reviewed to match candidates with position qualifications, with a limited number selected for interviews. For the final selection, employment is contingent upon successful completion of the post-offer screening process, including reference checks, a background check and possible medical examination.
Horizons K-8 is an equal opportunity educational institution and is committed to the goal of building a diverse faculty and staff. Applications from underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged.
We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, sex, gender identity/expression, national origin, creed, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status in admission or access to and treatment of employment in its educational programs or activities. Inquiries or complaints:
Office for Civil Rights. http://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ocr/addresses.html
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!