Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Our Material Handlers assist in unloading incoming product from trailers to move product to the staging area by using a tipper machine to tip product from boxes onto table and by using conveyor belts to help sort product. Products includes items such as shoes, purses, stuffed animals, etc.
**Duties and Responsibilities:
-Unload donation and store trailers as they come into the dock sets up trailer as needed.
-Separate clothing, shoes, miscellaneous and furniture from donation trailer and places into the appropriate melons and dumps trash in the trash compactors.
-Unload night trailers and saves good donations (hard goods, clothing and furniture) and sets-up as required.
-Load and unload store merchandise trailer as scheduled for the day.
-Assists in setup of the auction and bulk area, also assist in disposing unsold merchandise and trash.
-Build and maintain effective quality working relationships with management, co-workers, customers and donors.
-Immediately advises supervisor of significant and unexpected problems.
-Safeguard all Goodwill property including donated goods.
-Reports any suspicious behavior, incidents of theft, or unauthorized possession/removal of Goodwill property.
-Follows safety rules and regulations.
-Lifting and Carrying objects weighing 20 pounds constantly, 30 pounds frequently, and up to 40 pounds occasionally to raise objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position-to- position requiring the substantial use of the upper extremities and back muscles.
When working in a warehouse environment through Bluecrew, you may be expected to do any and all of the following:
- Working independently or in a team to pick, pack, and ship items
- Safely relocating or repacking inventory items as directed, up to 50 pounds in weight
- Operating machinery or other light equipment as trained in a safe and responsible manner
- Reaching, crouching, bending over, and other physically strenuous activities as required by the immediate supervisor
- Working on your feet at a fast pace for the entirety of the shift
- Comfortable working in an environment where there are forklifts, machinery, large trucks, and other standard or sub-standard warehouse equipment
- There may be a specific dress code, but if it is not listed, please make sure to wear close-toed shoes and pants